Avid BB7 Road Mechanical Disc Brake
The Avid BB7 Road Mechanical Disc Brake is our number one sellng cross disc brake, but can be used with drop bar road brake levers. The cable actuation makes them easy to set up, reliable and they deliver plenty of modulated braking power. The BB7's have become the go-to brake for cyclocross frames with disc brakes.
Avid's proprietary Tri-Align caliper positioning design lets the caliper auto-align to the rotor and only takes a moment to adjust. Simply loosen the CPS bolts and then squeeze the brake lever while re-tightening the bolts for a perfect alignment. Inboard and outboard Speed Dial Pad knobs allow for quick, precise and easy brake pad adjustments as the pads wear. Spring tension is also completely adjustable.
The BB7 brakes are sold with a G2 Clean Sweep rotor for standard 6-hole hubs, Cables and housing are not included. These are sold as individual brakes, order two for one complete bike. Choose from 140mm and 160mm sizes.
- Platinum colored finish
- Dual knob pad adjustment
- Forged 2-piece aluminum construction
- Mechanical, cable-actuated action
- Choose from 140mm or 160mm
- G2 Clean Sweep rotor included
- Tri-Align caliper positioning system
- Includes caliper, rotor and hardware for one wheel
- Micro-adjust spring tension
- Speed Dial Pad knobs allow for quick and easy brake pad adjustments
- 329 grams
Most riders use either 160mm front/140mm rear or 160mm front/rear. In most cases, 140mm will only work as a rear brake due to mount and adapter placment.