Rocky Mounts Euro Pitch Fork Bike Mount
Many European vehicles come with roof rack cross bars that have slots for accessory mounting. These Euro/slotted crossbars are found on European made cars from Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW, Volvo, Mini, as well as aftermarket aero shape bars such as those from RockyMounts Ouray Crossbars, Thule Aero Blade bars, Yakima Whispbar, and Rhino Rack. The sleek, low profile design integrates very cleanly with such designs, which limits drag and the whistling roof racks of yesterday.
The Pitch Fork Bike Mount from Rocky Mounts is a favorite upgrade for bike owners who have square (Thule) or round (Yakima) cross bars and want an aerodynamic bike mount. When it was developed, the Pitch Fork was designed with a cut-out on the left front of the tray, behind the fork, to accommodate disc brake mounts. Now with the proliferation of disc road, cross, gravel and multi-purpose bikes, countless cyclists can embrace the features of the Pitch Fork, joining their road and mountain kin.
The fork mount design uses a 9mm skewer for all standard quick release wheel designs, and some thru-axle adapters work well with the system. The width adjustment is easily changed to manage fork drop-outs of various thicknesses, while the levered handle is used to fasten tightly. This handle is compatible with Rocky Mounts Lock Cores, so you have the option of purchasing a 2-Pack of the cores, one to lock the bike to the mount, and one to lock the mount to the crossbar. The 45" long, low-profile, extruded aluminum tray can handle any wheel size and tire widths from skinny road models to 2.7" mountain bike tires. There is a 35lb carrying weight limit per tray. The rear wheel is secured with a durable, indexed strap.
- Low profile, fork mount-style bike mount that integrates with Euro/Slotted cross bars
- Optimized with tray cut-out for disc brake caliper compatibility
- Works with standard quick release style drop-outs
- 9mm thru-axle adapters may be used
- Carrying limit of 35lbs
- Width adjustable fork skewer levers firmly in place
- Fork and bike mount can be locked with 2 Rocky Mount Lock Cores
- 45" inch long aluminum tray and housing won't corrode
- Easy to install and adjust as necessary
- Rear wheel fastened with indexed strap
- Colors: Black, Silver