Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow Saddle
The Flite series of saddles is yet another major contribution to saddle design and development from Selle Italia. The original Flite was a mid-width saddle at the rear- with less curve and more of a flat top, with a progressive, narrow center section and nose. The padding level was originally fairly firm. As the venerated Italian company developed variations of the Flite, the basics stayed consistent, and the Max Flite Gel Flow offers more padding and shock absorption, as well as the center section relief zone, or cut-out, designated as "Flow". The flatter, 146mm wide profile supports the bone structure, the padding eases road vibration and impacts, and the cut-out reduces or eliminates pressure on the perineal area.
The Max Flite Gel Flow also features a suspension system that gives all-over cushioning without any moving mechanical parts. The front of the saddle features a combination of "Active Suspension" and "shock absorber". Inserting the rail into a flexing "wing" located on each side creates suspension in the rear. The Gel Flow comes with extra padding and "Specific Soft Tissue Relief" design that reduces pressure in the soft tissue area. The perforated Fibra-Tek cover helps to manage heat and friction. The rider who favors this saddle generally requires a medium with platform for sit bone placement, and is sensitive to impact and pressure, but still wants performance-style saddle. While there are many riders who opt for the Max Flite Gel Flow, it is a particular favorite of high mileage riders, and those who may only find the time to ride on the weekends, but still look to get 100+ miles in.
- Flite saddle with suspension system, gel support, Flow channel for all day comfort
- Max channel is long, varies in width while still providing support complete support
- Composite carbon-nylon shell features rear wing flex, reinforced at cut-out
- Perforated Fibra-Tek cover is a synthetic leather that is breathable and water resistant
- Vanox tubular rails, 7mm
- Rail placement at rear and flex offers significant shock absorption at impact
- Full Length: 290mm
- Max Width: 146mm
- Rear section length: 150mm
- Width of saddle 150mm from the rear (140mm from front): 70mm
- Height at 150mm from back (bottom rail to top): 60mm
- Weight: 290 grams
- Option: Black
- Made in Italy
Please Note: Due to manufacturing variances, saddle may be different than pictured.