Rocky Mounts Pitch Fork Bike Mount
The Pitch Fork Bike Mount from Rocky Mounts is a favorite upgrade for bike owners who have square (Thule) or round (Yakima) cross bars and want an aerodynamic bike mount. When it was developed, the Pitch Fork was designed with a cut-out on the left front of the tray, behind the fork, to accommodate disc brake mounts. Now with the proliferation of disc road, cross, gravel and multi-purpose bikes, countless cyclists can embrace the features of the Pitch Fork, joining their road and mountain kin.
The fork mount design uses a 9mm skewer for all standard quick release wheel designs, and some thru-axle adapters work well with the system. The width adjustment is easily changed to manage fork drop-outs of various thicknesses, while the levered handle is used to fasten tightly. This handle is compatible with Rocky Mounts Lock Cores, so you have the option of purchasing a 2-Pack of the cores, one to lock the bike to the mount, and one to lock the mount to the crossbar. The 45" long, low-profile, extruded aluminum tray can handle any wheel size and tire widths from skinny road models to 2.7" mountain bike tires. There is a 35lb carrying weight limit per tray. The rear wheel is secured with a durable, indexed strap.
- Low profile, front fork mount-style bike mount for square or round cross bars
- Optimized with tray cut-out for disc brake caliper compatibility
- Works with standard quick release style drop-outs
- 9mm thru-axle adapters may be used
- Carrying limit of 35lbs
- Width adjustable fork skewer levers firmly in place
- Fork and bike mount can be locked with 2 Rocky Mount Lock Cores
- 45" inch long aluminum tray and housing won't corrode
- Easy to install and adjust as necessary
- Rear wheel fastened with indexed strap
- Choose color