Rocky Mounts Tie Rod Bike Mount
Do you want a fork-style bike mount for your roof rack? No need to figure out what type of bars you have- aero, Euro/Slotted, round, square, or oversized. Let's face it, it is great to be able to have options and future proof your bike mount system. The Tie Rod from Rocky Mounts has the most advanced, simple to use mounting system that will work with any cross bar design. The design is fully integrated for an incredibly clean and aerodynamic look and result.
The Tie Rod can be used with any bike under 35lbs. The extruded aluminum tray is 45" long, which easily accommodates larger sized bikes and long wheel-base 29ers. A cut-out area behind the fork mount offers plenty of room for disc calipers, but the Tie Rod is not limited to disc-equipped bikes. The tray will corral tires from 20mm road slicks to 2.7" mountain knobbies. The fork mount design was built for standard quick release style drop-outs. Thru-axle adapters can be used for many designs. The width adjustable locking skewer takes up slack, and the levered handlesecures the fork (or adapter) to the mount. An optional purchase of a 2-Pack Rocky Mounts Lock Cores will allow you to lock the bike to the fork to the bike mount and the bike mount to the roof rack. An indexed, durable strap locks the rear wheel to the tray.
Keeping your bike mounted to your roof rack has never been so simple or adaptable. The Tie Rod makes it possible to invest in a high quality bike mount that doesn't lose it's value when you change vehicles. You will love the design, aerodynamics, and flexibility, and you can be sure Colorado-based Rocky Mounts will be available for tech support, spare parts, and adapters moving forward.
- Fork style bike mount that will work with every cross bar system available
- Exceptionally aerodynamic, with a clean, attractive installed look
- Optimized with tray cut-out for disc brake caliper compatibility
- Works with standard quick release style drop-outs
- 9mm thru-axle adapters may be used
- Carrying limit of 35lbs
- Width adjustable fork skewer levers firmly in place
- Fork and bike mount can be locked with 2 Rocky Mount Lock Cores
- 45" inch long aluminum tray and housing won't corrode
- Easy to install and adjust as necessary
- Rear wheel fastened with indexed strap
- Choose color