3T Aeroghiaia LTD Stealth Handlebar
Not only is 3T is famed for their innovative, high quality components in alloy and carbon fiber, but also their aerodynamic approach to bicycle frames and component design. Gravel racing has many challenges, but as in road cycling, efficiency from aerodynamics matter, especially over the varied terrain, which generally features many paved or hardpack transitions where races can be won, watts can be saved, and the body and mind may recover from the roughest surface conditions. That is why the 3T Aeroghiaia LTD Stealth Handlebar has the ultimate combination of aero and gravel-specific features, to form the fastest yet most rough-surface capable cockpit any gravel race bike.
With such bikes, the genre-specific, wider stance of a wide flared drop zone is desirable and beloved by many who enjoy stability and control on rough surfaces- especially on loose, inconsistent declines and descents. The unfortunate trade-off is that the radius of the drop gets flared outward as well and in bars that truly offer enough full drop width for optimal control, the levers must be set-up at an awkward angle. Like the Superghiaia LTD, the Aeroghiaia LTD Stealth Handlebar is a clear demonstration of 3T's incredible carbon construction expertise, as the lever zone on each curve is still vertical, then the drops flare outwards, without sacrificing aerodynamics, strength, lever position, weight, or bike control.
The aero section is impressively strong and proven to be fast. The center of the wing, at the stem clamp zone, is short and clip-on bars will not fit, as there is not enough width- it would compromise the effective aerodynamics of the center wing zone. The wing’s cross section is flat yet still comfortable, in particular when you rest your thumb on top of the bars parallel to your index finger. Building off the aero feature, the transition to the drop features a little more width. The drop curves straight down so the hoods are in the best comfort position, while the extreme flat under the hood creates a wider hand position. All these comfort features also increase control, as a proper grip on the handlebars helps you maneuver better, while the bottom flat and wider hand position give you more leverage.
At 229 grams (actual) in a size 42, the Aeroghiaia LTD Stealth is incomparably lightweight, and has an internal wiring system for all wire, cable, and housing types- even fully wired Di2. The bar is stiff, yet has a desired degree of compliance and excellent vibration damping properties. A 42cm bar is measured center-to-center at the textured lever mount position, while the width of the flared drop ends is 499mm on center. Quick and sure hand transitions on the various zones are ensured not only by the shapes and design, but the 110mm effective drop. The radius of the drop curve sets up perfectly with every shift/brake lever model currently available. For all bar sizes, the center-to-center reach position is 78mm (most manufacturers measure this way), but 3T also lists the center or outside edge measurement for the drop, in this case at 89mm.
For gravel riders looking for the ultimate aero combination of speed, comfort, stability and light weight, there is no better option made than the 3T Aeroghiaia LTD Stealth Handlebar, and it is possible it will be until 3T comes up with a way to top it. Such is the innovation, material science, and construction expertise of the team at 3T.
- Truly aero, lightweight, superior gravel bar with an ergonomically sound shape and unique angled drop flare
- The top wing cross section is aerodynamic yet comfortable, with ideal thumb position on top of the bars parallel to the index finger
- Flare begins below the lever zone, allowing levers to be vertical, not angled with the flare
- Innovative, strong, unidirectional carbon construction with ultralight layup
- Internal cable routing with cable channels; fully Di2 compatible, including Di2 bar-end plug Junction A
- Reach: 78mm center-to-center, 89mm center-to-outer face
- Drop: 110mm center-to-center
- Stem-bar clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Stem clamp zone torque: 6Nm max w/ 4-bolt stem (8Nm max w/ 2-bolt stem)
- Shift/brake lever clamp zone torque: 8Nm max
- Not compatible with Clip-on bars
- Size | Lever/Drop-end widths: 40cm |400mm/478mm, 42cm | 420mm/499mm, 44cm | 440mm/519mm
- Finish: UD Carbon/Stealth Black
- Weight: 234 grams (42cm actual)