3T Exploro Race Force AXS Bicycle
This Excel Sports 3T Exploro Race Force AXS Bicycle is built in a "Race" oriented set-up and ready to do just that. We've focused the exciting possibilities of the versatile Exploro RaceMax frameset with a fast race package and SRAM Force eTap AXS 2x12 drivetrain. A Ritchey cockpit and a 3T carbon wheelset set this bike up for speed and distance, with all the aero and functional characteristics you expect from 3T and Excel Sports at a great price.
3T has pushed the Exploro concept further, driving better aerodynamics and efficiency, as well as massive tire clearance, now found in the Exploro RaceMax. This is a frameset that can offer impressive speed and all around capability for cyclists to whom that is crucial, whether racing or just tearing up gravel to avoid pavement and cars. At the same time, the rider who prefers to tackle all terrain with a goal of not walking can build out the same frameset with tires that push 61mm (2.4"), yet still have proper geometry. The Exploro RaceMax creates a whole new world of cycling opportunity whether a racer, a terrain maximizer, or anyone in between.
To understand the development of the Exploro RaceMax from 3T's perspective, you have to embrace two concepts: Width as measured, and Radius as measured, or WAM and RAM. The goal was to max a true aero frame and fork that integrated clearance and aero coverage. By understanding that WAM and RAM vary with internal rim width, desired tire pressure and actual tire specifications (not listed). As the internal width grows, the tire shape and volume changes- same with pressure. As such the listed tire spec becomes irrelevant and only actual measurements provide the true distance and clearances needed. The frame and fork can be designed for real measurements.
With the seattube cutout and seatstay bridge you can see the combination of upper clearance and optimal aero shielding, even with adequate mud clearance. Instead of the now customary dropped driveside lower stay, both stays have been dropped, delivering even greater clearance and increased lateral stiffness. The knowledge of the real working RAM of 347-353mm allows you make the optimal tire and rim choice for speed, volume and efficiency. The fork design has a minimal height crown that is both exceptionally strong and wide. The axle to crown is 370mm, the same as the average road bike, keeping the tire closer to the downtube- again more aero. This keeps the front end lower, improving handling and road-bike feel.
The Fango RaceMax fork has a tapered 1 1/2" to 1 1/8" steerer. You may wonder how it fits into the slim headtube- yet another aero feature- so 3T had Cane Creek create a custom, narrow headset, the MinMax, which can handle the same loads as a standard version. The fork and the frame have flat mount disc caliper mounts designed for direct use- no adapters- for 160mm disc rotors. The rear triangle and fork also feature fender mounts.
There are many less crucial features which add to the unique capabilities of the Exploro RaceMax, but the true essence has been covered. The result is a frameset that is truly capable of efficiency that only the best aero road bikes can match, with borderline ridiculous tire clearance, a powerful ride, with compliance. 3T has upgraded their hidden seatpost wedge that delivers more friction and hold with less torque. The new Charlie Sqaero carbon seatpost features the excellent and easy Ritchey WCS 1-bolt clamp system. The Syntace bolt-on thru axles for 12/142mm rear and 12/100 front are deemed to be the stiffest, most aero interface available. Frame fit has been improved, with six sizes available versus the four of the standard Exploro.
The 12-speed Force eTap AXS groupset features the WIDE component specs for proper frame clearance. You get the wireless AXS/HRD disc brake lever set, front and rear derailleurs, and 2eTap batteries with a USB charger. The Force WIDE 2x DUB crankset carries 45-30 chainrings matched with the Force 10-36 cassette, for proper range and fast shifts. A Ritchey WCS alloy cockpit is lightweight and strong, and 3T's 700c Discus 45/32 Wheelset offers ideal width and tubeless ready performance at a light weight- controlled 160mm rotors with the SRAM HRD hydraulic disc brakes. It's a great package. Clean, fast, and cost effective for such a capable fast gravel bike.
- Exploro RaceMax frameset built in a 700c Race package featuring a SRAM Force eTap AXS 2x drivetrain
- Evolved Exploro frameset design with increased aerodynamics, clearance, and speed
- Unidirectional pre-preg carbon, High-modulus/high-strength performance blend layup
- Fango RaceMax w/ compact crown, tapered steerer, flat mount disc interface (direct to 160mm)
- Minimalist fork crown height that allows effective fork length close to pure road designs (370mm axle to crown)
- Narrow headtube (comparable to those with 1¼" forks) for a 1.5" tapered steerer inside
- WAM: Width As Measured | RAM: Radius As Measured
- RACE: optimized for aero, speed-oriented all-road/gravel riding & racing
- MAX: set-up focused on aero performance, comfort, and rough conditions control with tires up to 61mm WAM
- RaceMax frame and fork can both accommodate 61mm tires (2.4")
- Frameset is fastest/aero with 35-42mm WAM tires for gravel racing
- Everything on the new RaceMax frame is engineered for speed for any gravel application
- Next-level aerodynamics w/ rear wheel cutout, narrow headtube, bottle shielding downtube & aero profiles
- Close-fitting cutout to optimally shield the rear wheel; oversized shapes create front tire & downtube intersection for better airflow transition and less turbulence
- Custom Cane Creek MinMax headset for tapered steerer in narrow headtube (IS42/28.6 | IS47/38)
- Downtube optimized to re-direct the airflow coming off the front wheel and onto the water bottle
- Downtube and seattube bottle cage bosses; top tube bag mount bosses
- Bottom bracket shell standard is for 386EVO PressFit
- Seatpost wedge system has self-adjusting bolt angle for higher clamping forces with lower torque
- New 3T Charlie Sqaero Team w/ Ritchey WCS 1-bolt Clamp is easy to use, stable, and secure
- Direct Flat Mount fork and frame disc mounts for 160mm rotor/caliper set-ups- no adapter required
- Syntace 12/142mm, 12/100 bolt-on thru-axles
- Integrated fender mounts- invisible until needed (3T plans to release fender system as well)
- SRAM Force eTap AXS/HRD 2x12 Groupset / Kit items:
- AXS/HRD Shift/Brake levers, AXS Front/Rear (Medium cage) Derailleurs, Batteries w/charger
- Force 2x Crankset 45/30, DUB PF BB, XG1270 10-36 cassette, Force Flattop chain
- HRD Flat Mount Disc Calipers with 160mm SRAM Centerline CL disc rotors
- 3T Discus 45/32 Carbon 700c XDR CL Wheelset, Schwalbe G-One Allround TL Gravel Tires 38mm w/tubes
- Cockpit: Ritchey alloy WCS Butano Handlebar for gravel (adds 6cm flare width to listed bar size), WCS 220 Stem 31.8mm bar clamp; Fizik Tempo Microtex Bondcush 3mm tape
- San Marco Aspide FullFit Saddle (Xsilite rails), 132mm width
- Component specifics by available frame size
- 54cm Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length:80mm, Crank length: 172.5mm
- 56cm Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length: 90mm, Crank length: 172.5mm
- 58cm Bar width: 44-c-c, Stem length: 100mm, Crank length: 175mm
- Sizes: 54, 56, 58 cm (limited availability)
- Colors: Sand/Olive, Orange/Grey
- Bike weight: 19.15 (58cm)
|3T Exploro RACE/MAX|
|Top Tube Length||526mm||546mm||566mm||586mm||606mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Length||147mm||161mm||180mm||201mm||232mm||125mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||79mm||77mm||77mm||75mm||75mm||79mm|