ALE Klimatik Guscio Elements Jacket
Like all of ALÉ's Klimatik-series garments, the lightweight Klimatik Guscio Elements Jacket offers exceptional protection in versatile, high performing piece. It carries a wide suggested temperate range because although you can wear it as a wind or water shell on a 60°F day, it can also be effectively used with insulating layers down to 35°F. The capabilities come down to construction details, intelligent design, and the tremendous effectiveness of ALÉ's Rainshell Antiacqua 2.5 textile. This is wind and waterproof shell that is actually a membrane system, so it also is highly breathable, allowing moisture and excess heat to escape, to keep you much more comfortable no matter how you need to use it. This is the type of jacket that should be a foundation piece in every cycling wardrobe.
As mentioned, the design details are perfect. The snug, high collar has a soft inner face and enough flexibility to give you great coverage and largely seal out the elements. The zipper is rainproof and an inner flap adds more blacking capability. ALÉ is using their taped and bonded seams, which are waterproof as well. The sleeves run down to flat, shaped cuffs that act like a gasket and can fit over a glove for increased coverage and shielding from wind and water.
This is a true cycling jacket, cut shorter in the front, with an extended rear, so the jacket offers the comfort and coverage you require. The hem has some stretch fit capability, but you will also see inserts on either side that directly control the waist fit and help hold the jacket in place. ALÉ applies their standard, excellent Klimatik Guscio series reflective details to deliver great low-light visibility.
- Light weight highly protective shell jacket with breathable membrane offers protection, moisture transfer and ergonomic fit over jersey
- Paneled construction is generously ergonomic for usable shape and fit over layers
- Windproof, rainproof Rainshell Antiacqua 2.5 fabric that is extremely effective, adds very real protection in a functional cycling jacket
- Bonded Technology features taped, thermobonded seams that are fully waterproof
- Not insulated, but the protection level and detailed collar, sleeve cuffs and stretch waist will hold some heat in, amplifying the effect of layers and keeping you more comfortable anytime
- Tall, lined stretch collar wicks away moisture, has a soft feel on skin
- Inserts on the hem on each side provide the proper stretch for a controlled fit
- Waterproof zipper with extended length tag pull for easy use with gloves
- Very effective reflective details on the rear & sides
- Materials: 100% Nylon main fabric; 72.5% polyamide, 27.5% elastane with polyurethane protection on the wrists; side hem panels with 62% polyamide, 36% elastane; 2% other fibers
- Suggested temperature range: 35°- 64°F
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black
- Weight: 135 grams (Medium)