ALE Stars Short Sleeve Jersey
ALÉ designed the PRR series Stars Short Sleeve Jersey to be an ideal choice for high temperatures or long climbs, where its extreme lightness and breathability quickly reach a high level of ventilation to keep you cool and dry. Its high ventilation is favored by 3D "Wide weave" mesh fabrics used to build the front and back of the piece. The insert in the upper back improves the passage of air throughout the back of the garment when the cyclist is in lower, more aggressive postures. The fabrics are not as compressive as R-EV1 series options are, making it more comfortable with your position is a little more upright as well.
The PRR garments are developed from the same starting point as most ALÉ pieces are. The designers applied Body Mapping data to determine several aspects of the design. The panels, fabric choices and construction follow anatomic form and ergonomic requirements. Every covered area is evaluated for heat build-up and perspiration. The fabrics that best match the various requirements are then chosen and applied in the proper alignments, garment stability, and require stretch as required for the purpose and price point of this jersey.
The Stars Short Sleeve Jersey features three fabrics. On the front you'll find a wide weave polyester with a low elastane content. This lightweight and breathable fabric allows maximum freedom of movement but features better aerodynamics. It is a limited bi-elastic fabric that is made with recycled microfiber yarns in structures that encourage fast breathability and comfort, with a soft feel on the skin. The stretch allows it to adheres perfectly to the body without restriction. ALÉ often just uses it on sleeves in a raw cut edge because it is aero and can add credibility and value to a mid-range jersey, but here it is the dominant fabric. It holds colors and designs extremely well, making it ideal for the Stars graphics. It is also used on the pockets to promote more breathability, where it also carries dot reflective print. Wherever feasible and best applied, ALÉ utilizes thermobonded seams for super clean fabric and panel transitions, which also reduce potential chafe or friction points while keeping the joined areas more flexible and fluid with body movement
The main rear textile carries a higher elastane content, which keeps the fabric on the skin, improving moisture transfer and fit while carrying the pocket structure and supporting the elastic rear hem with it's silicone gripper. The upper back panel behind the neck has a wider open mesh panel that adds a yolk-like structure and allows heat and moisture to escape with more active airflow. Small panels of the same fabric are also used in the sleeves, under the arms for the same reason. The sleeves themselves are sleek fabric with 12% elastane- the most of the three fabrics. Built into the jersey with a Raglan design, these highly flexible and mildly compressive modern short sleeves offer the upper arms more muscle support and stability while ending in a smooth, raw edge finish.
The PRR series jersey's are still form fitting, and tight for best fabric performance, but not as restrictive. Still, your size choice should still be based on a race fit concept. As ALÉ is a European company their garments run small, and race options linger the bottom of the sizing ranges, if in any doubt, go up in size.
- Exceptionally lightweight jersey with fast moisture transfer, great fit, and soft skin feel
- PRR-series, race-cut but with less compressive fabrics or restriction
- Pure form fit with minimal use of seams with fewer panels, taped/bonded seaming as needed
- Still built for an aggressive posture, but favors a semi-aggressive road position as well
- Body Mapping used to define functionality during the ride, as well as ventilation, breathability and protection
- Bike Mesh rear panel breathes fast and has great stretch, adding better overall fit and comfort
- Skin 120 lightweight and breathable fabric allows maximum freedom of movement and better aerodynamics
- Die Cut fabrics result in super clean edges and transitions
- Bonded Technology features taped seams, eliminates stitching in sensitive areas, reducing friction
- Silicone waist hem gripper provides excellent hold in the most aggressive riding positions
- Rear three-pocket structure is also designed to breathe to keep the lower back cooler
- Materials: Polyester, Elastane, other Fibers
- Sun protection: UPF 20+
- Reflective detail across rear pockets for low-light visibility
- Suggested temperature range: 65°- 86°F
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Fluo Yellow-Petrolium, Black-Dove Grey
- Weight: 105 grams (Medium)