Arundel Synth Gecko Handlebar Tape
Now they've done it. Arundel had already made their move to offer some of the best handlebar tape we have ever carried and used, but with the addition of the Synth. Gecko Handlebar Tape, the Ft. Worth, Texas based company has watched the market move strongly to silicone foam as bar tape material, and answered in kind, immediately outstripping the offerings of many of the bike industry's big players. If you are an Arundel handlebar tape fan, but have been trying out the silicone foam options from other brands, Arundel understands, and welcomes you back into the family. As Arundel has done a great job describing this tape, we'll let them carry on from here.
Synth. Gecko is a thick, durable, shock absorbing bar tape made with 100% silicone foam. Available here in eight colors, there is sure to be one that will fit the color scheme of all your bikes. Silicone foam has many inherent properties that make bar tape a perfect application. Since it sticks to itself nicely, no additional adhesive is required on the underside of the tape to prevent it from slipping once wrapped. It’s easy to wrap, unwrap and even reuse (and you won’t be plagued with the inevitable stickum residue that many tapes leave behind). Synth. Gecko cleans up easily with soap and warm water, and the result will leave it looking nearly brand new.
The subtle pavé pattern of the tape provides a surface texture to improve tactile feel and grip. The additional grip is beneficial, particularly on blistering hot days when palms get sweaty, or during the occasional downpour. The natural texture of silicone foam is comparable to brake hoods; it is tacky, squishy but firm, while also providing excellent vibration dampening. Synth. Gecko comes in a pack of two 2200mm rolls. Want extra cushion? Wrap it thick and fat. Care for a grippy, low volume wrap? Stretch it and wrap it thin. The choice is yours!
- Thick, durable, shock absorbing bar tape made with 100% silicone foam
- Some well known competitors do notuse 100% silicone due to cost
- Sticks to itself nicely, no additional adhesive is required on the underside
- Subtle pavé pattern provides surface texture to improve tactile feel and grip
- Great grip in high humidity, dust, mud, rain, even sleet and snow
- Easy to wrap, unwrap and even reuse
- Cleans up easily with soap and warm water
- Embossed logo on one edge, so you can wrap logo-out or logo-in
- Two 2200mm rolls with end caps, finishing tape, 2 cut sections for levers
- Colors: Black, White, Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Green, Orange