Specialized S-Works SL Stem
The S-Works SL Stem uses a proven alloy and manufacturing for lightweight alloy stems that exhibit great strength and torsional stiffness. This 7075 3D-forged and CNC-machined stem is sleek, with a svelte and sexy look that belies it's strength and reliability. You get excellent performance and looks just at 115 grams in a 110mm length and it costs a 50-100% less than a carbon road stem which is generally much heavier.
The stats are otherwise all in predictable range for this 31.8mm bar clamp design, but Specialized does go the extra mile in a couple of areas. First, it is available in lengths from 70-130mm, but is also made in 6, 12, and 17 degree angle options, all of which are plus and minus capable. It may seem odd, but can be truly beneficial that Specialized includes an expander plug for carbon steerer tubes. On top of that the stem features titanium Hex Allen hardware and it has a sharp looking polished black finish with subtle logos.
- Lightweight road stem with exceptional strength and torsional stiffness for weight, sleek, clean look
- 3D-forged and CNC-machined, 7075 aluminum road stem
- Titanium Hex Allen hardware
- Includes expander plug for carbon steerer tubes
- Handlebar clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Steerer clamp height: 40mm
- Steerer Tube: 1-1/8”
- Rise options (+/-): 6°, 12°, or 17°
- Length options: 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130mm
- Finish: Polished Black
- Weight: 122 grams (110mm)