Boyd Carbon Disc Brake 36mm Wheelset
The wheel designs of Boyd Cycling began as a passion project real goals. You can see the passion in the builds, and the goals in the execution of design specific wheels that are handbuilt to assure rider safety, intended performance, and overall integrity. The company has carved out a more than competitive place in a crowded and impressive market, and Boyd has proven it belongs. The Boyd Carbon Disc Brake 36mm Wheelset is meant to be a workhorse for all around road use, as well as a capable gravel platform with tires up to 40mm. Rolling fast and true, the 36mm profile equipped wheelset hits the base aerodynamic performance benefit, shrugs at crosswinds, is eager to climb, and laughs at descents. Road race, endurance, and gravel is all in play as the 22mm internal width is balanced with a 29mm external width, hitting the tire range sweetspot for this allrounder.
These impressive wheels were designed from the ground up to harmoniously function as a system with modern disc brake road bikes. The truly contemporary widths of the hooked Tubeless/Clincher rim gives 25-32mm tubeless or tubed road tires a voluminous shape that enhances ride quality, increases traction, and provides more comfort for those long days in the saddle. For gravel 32-40 mm tires provide the speed, footprint and traction you need for control and stability. If you want a more of a true gravel wheelset with greater tire range, the Pinnacle Gravel from Boyd is a great option.
This handcrafted wheel is laced with double-butted j-bend spokes and brass nipples and features a 2.8mm spoke offset to ensure better spoke balance. A 2-cross lacing pattern ensures the build can withstand high-torque loads, and the 36mm rim depth provides aerodynamic gains. This wheel spins on Boyd Quest disc brake hubs that feature ABEC-5 steel bearings, with the rear's freehub delivering five degrees of engagement. The rear hub features a quick swap freehub body with options available for Shimano, SRAM XDR and Campagnolo cassettes. Both hubs feature press-fit end caps for 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear thru-axles, and Center Lock disc rotor mounts. This disc brake specific wheelset weighs in at 1560g and is ready for you every day, on any road.
- All around carbon road disc brake wheelset with aero benefit, excellent handling and ride, with contemporary widths
- Equally at home on blustery beach front roads, in the high mountains, and fast gravel and country roads beyond the pavement
- Excellent stability and footprint for tubeless use, and impressive power transfer and braking force management
- Carbon TLR/Clincher Disc rim spec: 36mm profile, 22mm IRW, 29mm ERW, 2.8mm spoke hole offset
- Hubset: Quest Disc Brake Hubs, Thru-axle, Center Lock; equipped with ABEC-5 LLB/LLU bearings
- Rear hub features QuickChange freehub system and 5° engagement
- Lacing features a 2.8mm spoke offset to ensure better spoke balance
- Front wheel is 24 hole, Rear is 28 hole, both are laced 2x/2x to withstand high-torque loads
- Features Pillar Wing 20 double-butted j-bend steel spokes, Pillar DSN double square brass nipples
- Recommended tire size: 25-32mm for road, 30-42mm for gravel
- Tubeless rim tape and Tubeless valves installed
- Center Lock disc rotor mount
- Thru-axle hub spacing: 12/100mm front, 12/142mm rear
- Freehub body: Shimano/SRAM 11-speed
- Finish: Satin Black w/Gloss Black labels
- Weight: 1560 grams (705g front, 855g rear)