CamelBak Crux 3L Reservoir
Camelbak's redesigned Crux hydration packs require their own dedicated reservoir style. The Crux series of packs use the Crux 3L Reservoir, so if you need to replace yours, this is the model for your pack. The traditional vertical orientation keeps the water along your spine, and more stable side to side, with less sloshing. The carrying pack distributes the weight at the shoulders and hips. While many longer travel trail riders prefer the lumbar style systems, most cyclists who will be pedaling consistently, such as recreational riders and XC race/XC trail types opt for the vertical design.
Carrying 3 liters of water means carrying 6.5lbs of weight when full. The Crux 3L Reservoir with Quicklink™ System distributes that water low and wide onto the hips, with a shape that still ensures you can drain the contents solely from drinking during activity. With a faster (20% more water per sip) and more easily drawn flow than the Antidote system, the Crux allows you to get you need fatser, with less effort. You still get many of the great features the Antidote was known for: HydroGuard™ antibacterial coating, internal baffles, Pure Flow™ tubing, Quick-Link system, the Big Bite valve, just with a reconfigured new shape. You also get an upgraded the fill-port design to include an ergonomic handle and a redesigned leakproof cap that’s more intuitive and easier to use.
Perhaps most importantly, the materials used are 100% free of BPA, BPS and BPF. Camelbak recommends their Cleaning Kits for the specific brushes you need to keep the parts clean, as well as their Cleaning Tablets, which can properly maintain the freshness of your drinking water, while protecting you from bacteria and not damaging your Crux 3L Reservoir.
- 3 Liter vertical-style reservoir for Crux series hydration packs
- Water weight is centered along the spine, less side to side motion on the trail
- Food safe polyurethane construction is strong, safe, resilient to impact
- Hydroguard™ technology inhibits the growth of bacteria in the reservoir and tube
- On/off lever lets you seal your drinking tube shut with one hand
- Offers 20% more water per sip than Antidote reservoir
- Big Bite valve self-seals after each drink, eliminating annoying drips
- Leak-proof cap is easier to open and close
- Upgraded fill-port design to include an ergonomic handle
- 100% free of BPA, BPS and BPF
- Dimensions: 18" x 9" x 3"
- Weight: 235 grams (8oz)