Campagnolo has long been first to market with new technology and components. The 2018 release of the 12-speed groupsets continues that legacy. Two things haven't changed over the years. First, Campagnolo only releases new products after a long development and engineering process that ensures they are making actual improvements and delivering performance, durability and safety. Second, availability and fulfillment can be slow. We are doing our very best to source and stock Super Record 12 and Record 12, but supply is out of our control. We must all be patient as Campagnolo and their distributors fulfill inventory on individual components that make-up these incredible new systems. If you have questions on availability / stock status or Campagnolo 12-speed, please contact us at 800.627.6664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campagnolo's 12x2 drivetrain system required lengthy, detailed design and engineering before testing could take place. The result is stunning. Brakesets of the 11-speed groupsets were actually great in performance but reflected the narrower rims and lower volume tires of the years prior. So when the Campy Lab engineers developed the Super Record 12 Brakeset, they didn't have massive problems to solve. Still the brakes received the same attention to detail. The results: a brakeset that is more aerodynamic, has more power and feel (in conjunction with changes of the Ergopower 12 levers), and can not only handle wider rims and larger volume tires, but master them. Most of the visual changes were made to the the aerodynamic face of the front brake and subtle arm shaping to accommodate 28mm tires in height, but the key to wider rims and higher volume tires was the Dual Pivot fulcrum system for both front and rear brakes, a departure from the rear mono pivot design, which can still produce power to limited gaps and closer surfaces of today's wider rims. This can be felt on both front and rear brakes, but is much more noticeable on the rear over the older mono pivot design. Of course the brake pad holders are equipped with the exclusive Campagnolo brake block insertion and removal system, and compatible with all Campy-style pads.
By reshaping the arms for more clearance and aerodynamics, the engineers also increased stiffness. As mentioned, real improvement in calipers themselves was minimal, but the Super Record Ergopower 12 levers were completely redeveloped so the the cable pull leverage is improved and made more linear in feel. As the brake pivots operate on small sealed ball bearings, the movement is smooth, clean, and easy, allowing the rider to have better feel and subsequent modulation. You can see the other aerodynamic improvements in the integrated pivot cover with it's rounded edges- a distinctive look that quickly differentiates from older Campy brakes. Super Record 12 titanium fixing hardware as well to save weight (20 grams) over the Record 12 version, which is otherwise the same. It is a rare example of Super Record not having a clear distinction and extra cool factor, but for Campagnolo safety is never compromised and Record 12 must meet the same performance benchmarks. We can all applaud that.Return to Top
- Super Record level rim brake performance with updated design and function
- Dual Pivot fulcrum system for front and rear ensures safe and highly effective use on wider rims, requiring little distance from rim to pad without function compromise
- Compatible with 28 mm tires on either C17 or C19 wide rims.
- Improved aerodynamics and stability from arm and pivot shapes
- Front pivot area has integrated cover with curved edges to reduce drag
- Exceptional smoothness and duration over time from ball bearing pivots
- Improved continuous total control of the braking power transmitted as dictated by improved lever pivot and cable pull from Ergopower 12 levers
- Brake pad holder is equipped with the exclusive Campy brake block insertion and removal system and standard Campy-style pads
- Titanium fixing hardware saves 20 grams over Record 12 version
- Sold as a Front/Rear set
- Color: Black
- Weight: 297 grams