Cane Creek 40-Series ZS44/56 Headset
Cane Creek has developed a great system for identifying headset requirements, selling both upper and lowers to match the many variations on the market today. This headset is packaged as a complete, featuring a Zero Stack 44mm drop-in upper that works with steerers that taper to 1 1/8 inch (28.6mm). The lower is a Zero Stack 56mm cup for 1.5" tapered steerers. Your frame dictates the requirements, so the frame must call for a ZS44 upper, and an ZS56 lower. You will be using a headset press and grease for installation.
As you would expect with a quality 40 series headset from Cane Creek, the bearing carriers are contoured and relieved 6061-T6 aluminum for minimized weight and maximized strength, and feature excellent split-lip sealed stainless steel bearings. Low friction, Dual-Seal crown race and top cover units seal out contaminants, and the captured compression ring design is fully compatible with carbon steerer tubes. Installed properly, the 40 Series headsets deliver incredibly smooth action, and excellent bearing life. For the price, it hard to beat a 40 series headset.
- 40 Series headset features split-lip sealed cartridge bearings
- Contoured and relieved 6061-T6 aluminum construction
- Captured compression ring design for carbon steerer compatibility
- Upper: Zero Stack 44mm cup for 28.6mm steerer
- Lower: Zero Stack 56-40 cup for 1.5" steerer
- 1.5" Crown race included
- Top cap, bolt and 28.6mm compatible star nut included
- Compatible with Cane Creek Interlok spacers
- Stack: 15mm/8mm
- Weight:97 grams