Framesets that come with a press-fit 46mm ID bottom bracket shell for BBright, BB30, or EVO386 30mm crank spindle systems are primed for a ceramic upgrade or conversion. Denmark's Ceramic Speed offers you a replacement that saves you watts and energy by reducing friction with every turn of your crankset. The science and testing behind the efficacy and benefits of ceramic bearings is definitive, but all ceramic bearings are not made the same. Ceramic Speed bearings are harder, perfectly round, and widely surpass the quality standards of most ceramics on the market. With average lifespans of 3-5 times that of high-quality steel bearings, these Silicon Nitride offerings from the Danish company pay for themselves over time in longevity alone, never mind the mechanical and performance benefits gained. If you are a competitive cyclist or triathlete who seeks every component, accessory, and bike advantage, invest in the proven friction reduction of Ceramic Speed.
The PF4630 Ceramic Bottom Bracket is designed for frames that feature BB30, BBright, or EVO386 bottom bracket systems with the 46mm internal diameter press-fit standard. It allows you to convert directly to BB30/30mm spindle road cranksets The aluminum shell is machined to exacting tolerances, but you will need to use the spacers included to ensure that the fit is efficient, stiff, and quiet. Ceramic Speed's bearings ride in composite carriers and high-quality, steel races. The ceramic balls are polished to perfect smoothness, and should they make contact with a race, they won't damage it, but will actually serve to clean and eliminate any surface issues inside the race. Lubrication is specific to the Ceramic Speed system, as are the bearing seals. A syringe of the grease lubricant comes with the bottom bracket. Detailed instructions for installation and service come with the bottom bracket and can also be found on Ceramic Speed's Cycling website.
Properly installed, your bottom bracket should not creak or make noise. The crankset will spin freely, with the absolute minimum resistance. Machining and hand-assembly is done in Denmark, with each part and the final assembly thoroughly inspected before shipping to distributors. The 94 gram bottom bracket delivers performance far in excess of standard options on the market. Save watts and energy with every pedal stroke as you optimize your equipment to fully realize your human potential with the Ceramic Speed PF4630 Ceramic Bottom Bracket for cranks with 30mm spindles. Return to Top
- Converts press-fit 46mm ID BB frames to 30mm spindle cranksets , features highest quality hybrid ceramic bearings
- Tested and proven to be the hardest, smoothest, roundest bearing available
- Reduce friction with every pedal stroke, ensuring energy is converted to power
- Shells are aluminum, machined to exacting tolerances
- Ceramic Speed's Silicon Nitride ball bearings, composite carrier, steel races
- Proper installation and maintenance required to maximize performance
- For 46mm ID press-fit frames (BBright, BB30m EVO386) with 68/79/86mm width
- Compatible with: BB30 cranskets and others with 30mm road spindle
- Includes: Bottom bracket cups, dust cover, spacers, grease
- Colors: Black, Red
- Weight: 94 grams
- Hand assembled in Denmark