Note: Component Specifications are subject to change due to supply chain challenges.
SRAM bringing a more gravel-ready rear derailleur and a single ring equipped Red crankset in their XPLR series of components allowed Cervelo to offer their premium Aspero-5 frameset into a top-end wireless shifting complete bike. XPLR's component range options carry across Rival, Force, and Red eTap AXS, setting a new standard for a wholly capable 1x12 drivetrain with the simplicity and responsive shifting of eTap AXS components. For many gravel racers, this Aspero-5 Red XPLR AXS 1 becomes the new bike obsession that needs to be purchased and ridden to it's maximum potential, and for good reason. The combination of superb power transfer, stable control, and impressive ride quality provided by the Aspero-5 frameset matches the excellence of the Red eTap AXS HRD groupset, and you are the beneficiary.
The Aspero-5 Frameset retains the popular, proven Aspero geometry and Trail Mixer fork chip system, as well as an appearance with tube shapes that are largely the same. A closer inspection indicates a fully internal wiring and housing system, and a refined headtube. The Aspero-5 has the D-shaped fork steerer tube design seen on other 5-series bikes, which in combination with the included Carbon AB09 16° Flared Carbon Handlebar and Cervélo ST32 Alloy Stem, work with the steerer and the frame to bring the routing internal from the levers on back. An All-Carbon Tapered Áspero Fork with Adjustable Trail and headtube shape offer refined aerodynamics, enhanced by the internal routing. Not only is a completed bike visually clean- but faster. Cervelo's internal testing measures aero improvement at 32G of reduced drag over the standard Aspero.
Cervelo made some intelligent choices, such as carrying over the 27.2mm round seatpost, which offers the rider more options, including the opportunity to run a dropper post. The Aspero-5 includes the compliant carbon Cervelo SP19 27.2mm seatpost. Again, given this is a race oriented bike, the frame and fork deliver clearance necessary for 650b x 51mm tires, or 700c x 43mm tires with at least 4mm on either side to spare. Cervelo is cognizant that for many of the longest, harshest events were capability and speed must be balanced with bike control, many racers will opt for 650b/27.5" wheels and may also want a dropper post. The overall key to any set-up choice is maintaining the proper geometry for excellent handling.
The engineers were particularly focused on making sure the Aspero models handled properly. Cervelo is using their Trail Mixer system to allow the rider to keep effective fork Trail at 62mm. Larger variations in tire size effect the rearward position of the tire- affecting handling and toe-overlap clearance. By using off center, bolt-in 12mm thru-axle drop outs, the rider can select the +5 forward position or the -5 rear position of the axle. With a 700x42 gravel tire set-up, the +5mm forward is the proper position for best active handling and nimble bike control. If you moved it to the -5mm rearward position, it would slow the handling down, perhaps better for long, flat rides on firmer, smoother, less technical surfaces. Cervelo has a more complete explanation of the mechanically simple Trail Mixer system on their website so you can select your option based on tire size and handling preference.
What is amazing about geometry of the Aspero is that isn't road-like, but it feels like a more natural transition from a road bike than most gravel race designs. The handling speed and control are there, and the toptube measurements are longer, with the frame center of gravity pushed back a little, while a shorter length stem is used to control the front end. When you take it out on the road, perhaps to transition to your gravel access, the Aspero-5 won't feel awkward or uncomfortable, yet it will handle gravel and even twisty singletrack with aplomb.
Along with complete bicycle, Cervelo also adds several of their accessories, including the Stem Faceplate Computer/Accessory mount, Rear Accessory Mount, and Smartpak 400A Top Tube Storage Bag.Return to Top
- Premium grade gravel race bike with pro-level frameset, SRAM Red eTap AXS 1x12 HRD groupset with Power Meter, Reserve Carbon/DT wheelset, and a superior Cervelo cockpit including a flared AB09 Carbon Handlebar
- Frameset features upgraded carbon fiber, lay-up schedule for stiffer, faster design- aerodynamic improvements
- D-shaped, tapered carbon fork steerer design, with specific bar/stem for full wire/housing integration, including dropper post option
- Design allows for more aero headtube/cockpit set-up with reduced drag from integrated routing
- Squoval.Max tube designs, enlarged and enhanced for rough surfaces; fork/downtube integration
- Large downtube BBright bottom bracket shell transitions deftly into oversized dropped stays
- Carbon lay-up, round seatpost, larger volume tires contribute to rider comfort
- Lower, more stable road-like feel from overall geometry, chainstay length, BB drop
- Accepts 700c x 43mm tires / 650b x 51mm tires; minimum 4mm side clearance
- Trail Mixer fork dropouts can be switched for +/- 5mm selectable fork offset; 62mm optimal Trail
- Forward position=decreased trail=faster handling | Rearward position=increased trail=slower handling
- Frameset: Aspero-5 Carbon, Tapered Áspero-5 Carbon Fork with Adjustable Trail fork chips
- FSA IS-2 1¼ x 1½" Headset, with Cervelo spacer kit
- Cervelo DT-style threaded/lever thru-axles: 12/100mm fork, 12/142mm rear
- Flat Mount disc brake standard front/rear, for 140-160mm rotors (w/ proper set-ups), 160mm max
- Groupset: SRAM Red eTap AXS 1 / HRD
- Shifters: Red eTap AXS 1x, with DOT based hydraulic braking set-up
- Brake Calipers/Rotors: Red HRD Flat Mount / Paceline 160mm CL rotors
- Rear Derailleur: Red XPLR eTap AXS w/ battery
- Crankset/BB: Red AXS 1 w/ Power Meter 40T / SRAM DUB-BBright
- Cassette/Chain: Force XG1271 10-44T / Red 12-spd Flattop
- Wheelset & Tires
- Cervelo Reserve with 32mm Carbon rims (IRW 24mm), TLR; DT350 hubset, XDR, CL disc
- Panaracer Gravel King SK TLR 700x38
- Handlebar: Cervelo Carbon AB09 16° Flared Carbon, 31.8mm
- Stem: Cervelo ST32 Alloy, 31.8, (for Cervelo D-shaped fork steerer tube, integrated routing)
- Seatpost: Cervelo SP19 Carbon 27.2mm round
- Saddle: Prologo Dimension NACK
- Cervelo accessories: Stem Faceplate Computer/Accessory mount, Rear Accessory Mount, and Smartpak 400A Top Tube Storage Bag, Downtube Protector
- Component specifics by frame size
- 48cm Bar width: 38c-c, Stem length: 70mm, Crank length: 165mm, Post offset: Zero
- 51cm Bar width: 40c-c, Stem length: 80mm, Crank length: 170mm, Post offset: Zero
- 54cm Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length:90mm, Crank length: 172.5mm, Post offset: Zero
- 56cm Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length:90mm, Crank length: 172.5mm, Post offset: 25mm SB
- 58cm/61cm Bar width: 44c-c, Stem length: 100mm, Crank length: 175mm, Post offset: 25mm SB
- Note: Component Specifications are subject to change without notice due to supply chain challenges (for example, we have seen a Zipp ZR1 XDR equipped rear hub instead of the comparable DT350 on this model)
- Color: Purple Sunset
- Sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm
- Weight: 18.05 lbs (54cm)
|Top Tube Length||512mm||532mm||553mm||575mm||591mm||608mm|
|Head Tube Length||83mm||107mm||133mm||159mm||188mm||314mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||78.5mm||78.5mm||76mm||76mm||73.5mm||73.5mm|