These Cervelo Aspero-5 Rival AXS bikes have been developed by Excel Sports as frameset-up builds. This is a build combination not offered by Cervelo in 2022, so we wanted to offer the Rival AXS groupset with the top level Aspero-5 frameset and gravel-ready Reynolds carbon wheelset. The frameset, wheelset and components are fully covered by each manufacturers factory warranty.
The Cervelo Aspero set a new standard in handling, speed, and comfort for gravel-race oriented bikes, and it maintains a best-seller status, but the Aspero-5 frameset has been the top choice for pure gravel racers due to it's lighter weight, improved aerodynamics, and purer power transfer from the higher grade carbon fiber in an advanced lay-up process. Built here with a SRAM Rival XPLR eTap AXS HRD 1x12 build with wide range gearing, along with a carbon wheelset, and with Cervelo kit items, you have a more affordable, truly race-ready complete package capable of tackling a long gravel event, speedy weekday rides on country roads, and epic weekend days when the terrain opens up before you. The Aspero-5 frameset set the standard for gravel race and is always well represented in the group at the front of any major gravel event.
The Aspero-5 Frameset retains the popular, proven Aspero geometry and Trail Mixer fork chip system, as well as an appearance with tube shapes that are largely the same. A closer inspection indicates a fully internal wiring and housing system, and a refined headtube. The Aspero-5 has the C-shaped fork steerer tube design seen on other 5-series bikes, which in combination with the included Carbon AB09 16° Flared Carbon Handlebar and Cervelo ST32 Alloy Stem, work with the steerer and the frame to bring the routing internal from the levers on back. An All-Carbon Tapered Áspero Fork with Adjustable Trail and headtube shape offer refined aerodynamics, enhanced by the internal routing. Cervelo's internal testing measures aero improvement at 32G of reduced drag over the standard Aspero.
Cervelo made some intelligent choices, such as carrying over the 27.2mm round seatpost, which offers the rider more options, including the opportunity to run a dropper post. The Aspero-5 includes the compliant carbon Cervelo SP19 27.2mm seatpost. Again, given this is a race oriented bike, the frame and fork deliver clearance necessary for 650b x 51mm tires, or 700c x 43mm tires with at least 4mm on either side to spare. Cervelo is cognizant that for many of the longest, harshest events were capability and speed must be balanced with bike control, many racers will opt for 650b/27.5" wheels and may also want a dropper post. The overall key to any set-up choice is maintaining the proper geometry for excellent handling.
The engineers were particularly focused on making sure the Aspero models handled properly. Cervelo is using their Trail Mixer system to allow the rider to keep effective fork Trail at 62mm. Larger variations in tire size effect the rearward position of the tire- affecting handling and toe-overlap clearance. By using off center, bolt-in 12mm thru-axle drop outs, the rider can select the +5 forward position or the -5 rear position of the axle. With a 700x42 gravel tire set-up, the +5mm forward is the proper position for best active handling and nimble bike control. If you moved it to the -5mm rearward position, it would slow the handling down, perhaps better for long, flat rides on firmer, smoother, less technical surfaces.
What is amazing about geometry of the Aspero is that isn't road-like, but it feels like a more natural transition from a road bike than most gravel race designs. The handling speed and control are there, and the toptube measurements are longer, with the frame center of gravity pushed back a little, while a shorter length stem is used to control the front end. When you take it out on the road, perhaps to transition to your gravel access, the Aspero-5 won't feel awkward or uncomfortable, yet it will handle gravel and even twisty singletrack with aplomb.
Ready to race? With a Rival 1x AXS 46T x 11-44T chainring and cassette set-up, this Aspero-5 has plenty of range and the ability to deliver real speed on flatter, faster zones where real time gaps can be built. The bike on a Reynolds ATR Disc TL carbon wheelset. It features the internal and external rim widths you desire for diverse tire width usage and has a low-mid 40mm aero profile.Return to Top
- Race ready; fast, responsive Excel-built gravel race bike featuring SRAM Rival eTap AXS HRD
- Aspero's lower, more stable road-like feel from overall geometry, chainstay length, BB drop
- Design allows for more aero headtube/cockpit set-up, integrated routing reduces drag
- Longer toptube moves COG back; low forward position; 62mm optimal Trail
- Accepts 700c x 43mm tires / 650b x 51mm tires; minimum 4mm side clearance
- Trail Mixer fork dropout system: can be switched for +/- 5mm selectable fork offset
- Basic Rule (For 700c): Small(OD)= -5, Big(OD)= +5
- Forward position=decreased trail=faster handling | Rearward position=increased trail=slower handling
- Trail Mixer design maintains BB drop, effective headtube angle in any setting
- Full carbon, C-shaped, tapered, aero integrated fork designed for Aspero-5
- Large downtube BBright shell transition deftly into oversized dropped chainstays
- Carbon lay-up, round seatpost, larger volume tires contribute to rider comfort
- Bolt-on downtube frame protector; two-bolt toptube bag mount w/cover
- Threaded thru-axles: 12/100mm fork, 12/142mm rear
- Frame/Fork: Cervelo Aspero-5 full carbon for Flat Mount Disc, Thru-axles, 1x or 2x set-up
- Groupset: SRAM Rival XPLR 1x eTap AXS HRD
- Shift/Brake Lever: Rival eTap AXS HRD (wireless shifting/hydraulic disc braking
- Rear Derailleur: Rival XLPR AXS, 44T max cog
- Crankset|BB: Rival 1 Wide 12-Speed, 46T ring | Wheels Mfg ABEC 3 DUB BBright
- Cassette: Rival XPLR XG1251, 10-44T (XDR)
- Chain: Rival Flattop 12-Speed
- Brake Calipers | Disc Rotors: Rival HRD Flat Mount | Centerline X Center Lock 160mm F/R
- Includes: eTap battery for RD, USB cord, charging dock
- Wheelset: Reynolds ATR Carbon TLR, XDR; 40mm Profile, 23mm IRW, 32mm ERW
- Tires: Panaracer GravelKing SK Tubeless, 700x38mm (set-up with tubes)
- Handlebar: Cervelo AB09 Carbon w/16° flare; 31.8mm
- Tape: ZIPP Service Course CX, Black
- Stem: Cervelo ST32 Alloy, 31.8mm
- Seatpost: Cervelo SP19 Carbon; 27.2mm round
- Saddle: San Marco Aspide Racing Xsilite Open-Fit; Narrow
- Cervelo accessories: Stem Faceplate Computer/Acc mount, Rear Acc Mount, Smartpak 400A Top Tube Bag, Downtube Protector
- Component specifics by available bike size:
- 51cm| Bar width: 40c-c, Stem length: 80mm, Crank length: 170mm, Post: Zero Offset
- 54cm| Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length: 90mm, Crank length: 172.5mm, Post: 25mm Setback
- 58cm| Bar width: 44c-c, Stem length: 100mm, Crank length: 175mm, Post: 25mm Setback
- Color: Five Black (51cm), Lime Shimmer (54cm), Purple Sunset (58cm)
- Weight: 18.1 lbs (54cm)
|Top Tube Length||512mm||532mm||553mm||575mm||591mm||608mm|
|Head Tube Length||83mm||107mm||133mm||159mm||188mm||314mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||78.5mm||78.5mm||76mm||76mm||73.5mm||73.5mm|