Caledonia-5 R8170 Di2 12-Speed Bicycle 2022
This Cervelo Caledonia-5 complete bike has been a frame-up build conceived and executed by Excel Sports. It features Shimano's 2x12 speed Ultegra R8170 Di2 groupset and Reserve 50|50 aero carbon wheelset.
Excel Sports has built up this 56cm Cervelo Caledonia-5 frameset with a full 12-speed Ultegra Di2 group and a Reserve 50|50 carbon aero wheelset. Built for competitive endurance racing or group rides, this is a modern road bike that shrugs at notorious urban roads, cobbles, chip seal, and floats over the smoothest pavement. The Caledonia-5 is an exemplar of Cervelo's understanding that fast handling isn’t always better, and the company is evolving toward bike designs with handling and overall development informed by specific needs. The design engineers increased the rear center, lowered the BB, and increased the trail while adding tire volume space and better rough surface deflection. The handling is still fast enough to be corner and descent-friendly but with added rougher surface stability. The result is a speedy bike that is versatile and well mannered, with great overall capability.
The creation of the Caledonia-5 began with this recognition of modern road cycling and a sense of where it is going. This is a pure endurance race bike, unlike the previous C-Series endurance options, which were great bikes with more relaxed geometry, and greater comfort. Caledonia is race-bred, with much more surface versatility than a Grand Tour ready design. With capacity for 34mm tires (31mm with fenders), the more stable handling, disc-only frameset has different overall geometry numbers but Stack and Reach the same as an R-Series. The frame design and cockpit set-up allow for most cyclists a reasonable fit and the engineers found a great balance of speed, comfort, clearance and handling for the rider tp enjoy hour after hour.
Aero considerations are just as much a part of the Caledonia as any Cervelo, as is the combination of tubes, carbon lay-up, and integrated features. The company's proven library of tube shapes is at the core of every bike design and these well tested and proven tube shapes all have different known attributes. Triangulation and the force required to deflect is at the heart of the "double-diamond" frame design. The engineers know how their tube shapes behave, and it’s a matter of placing them in a layout that achieves the desired compliance based on that deflection. Lower modulus carbon in key areas complements the high modulus materials to mitigate the brittleness of hi-mod fiber- the bike isn’t delicate. The design team is aware that if cyclists are more comfortable, they’ll be more confident, and they’ll ride or race faster and further.
The full length C-shaped integrated steerer comes evolved from the S-series, with a unique split ring allowing semi-internal brake hose and Di2 from the HB13 Carbon bar, into a more outwardly traditional ST31 Carbon stem (which fits specifically onto the C-shaped steerer) for a fully internal cable routing system. The more standard stem design allows you to change the stack height using a split spacer system, for above and below the stem. If you have an summer/race fit, you can go lower, but for indoor training or winter riding position, you can bring the stem up- without much fuss. Of course the entire fork is Caledonia-5 specific, with features you'd expect: Flat Mount disc, 12/100mm thru-axle, as well as integrated fender mounts. You find these on the rear as well, along with 12/142mm rear dropout. The lever action Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles are easy to use; quick for wheel changes.
Shimano's 12-Speed Ultegra Di2 R8100-series components have been further optimized for excellence and longevity. The shifter system is wireless, making life easier for full integrated cockpit routing. Shimano found that a seatpost battery was still the best option for powering the front and rear derailleurs, so the set-up of the derailleurs is still wired. Cervelo supplies the carbon bar, stem, and D-shaped seatpost. You select Color, Size, and Wheelset in the drop-down menu. With the fastest, most precise and most reliable shifting system and advanced hydraulic disc braking, this Reserve 50|50 equipped Caledonia-5 Ultegra R8170 Di2 Bicycle will change the way you think about competition-grade bikes in daily use.Return to Top
- Modern road race-level frameset/complete bike with new geometry, increased tire clearance, quick but stable handling and tuned ride and stiffness for serious endurance events and training sessions
- 12-speed Ultegra Di2 R8170/R8150/R8100 build, Cervelo kit items, two wheelset build versions
- Aero integration of individual components of bar, stem, steerer through headtube but still easily adaptable for range of fit requirements
- Full carbon tapered Caledonia 5 fork (w/ proprietary headset), C-shape steerer, thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- Fork features aero integration to downtube with larger, stouter crown design
- C-shaped steerer with split washer/spacer designs rout housing/wires from stem into frame
- Frame/fork accept 700x34mm tires, 700x31mm use w/ fenders on integrated frame/fork mounts
- Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever: 12/100mm fork, 12/142mm rear
- Includes: Cervelo ST31 Carbon Stem, HB13 Carbon Handlebar, SP24 Carbon D-Post, FSA IS2 1-1/4 x 1-1/2" headset
- Frame: Caledonia-5 road, full carbon, FM disc brake (160mm max rotor), braze-on FD tab, 12/142mm Thru-axle dropout, Rear seatpost wedge
- Fork: Caledonia-5 full carbon integrated, tapered, FM disc brake (160mm max), 12/100mm Thru-axle dropout
- Groupset: Shimano Ultegra Di2 12spd R8170/R8150/R8100 (Semi-wireless shifting/hydraulic disc braking)
- Shift/Brake Levers: R8170 Di2 w/hydraulic disc braking
- Front/Rear Derailleurs: R8150 Di2, Braze-on / R8150 Di2 (Shadow, Integrated D-Fly/Junction, max 34T large cog)
- Brakes/Rotors: R8170 Flat Mount Calipers, RT-CL800 160mm disc rotors
- Crankset/BB: R8100 52-36T / Wheels Manufacturing BBRight Direct Fit Bottom Bracket Shimano
- Cassette/Chain: CS-R8100, 11-34T / CN-M8100 12spd
- Di2: Integrated wireless cockpit, New e-Tube wiring from seatpost battery to FD, RD (RD has LED/adjust, D-Fly and charging port- EW-EC300 Charging Cable 1700mm included)
- Wheelset: Reserve 50|50 Carbon w/ DT 350 XDR, CL, TLR; Carbon rims, 52mm profile, IRW 21mm, ERW 28mm
- Tires: Vittoria Corsa G2.0 Tubeless Road Tire Black; 700x28mm, w/tubes
- Handlebar/Tape: Cervelo HB13 Carbon, 31.8mm, semi aero, semi-internal routing, 80mm Reach, 123mm Drop / Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Classic Bar Tape, Black
- Stem: Cervelo ST31 Carbon, 31.8mm, C-shape interface for internal routing
- Seatpost: Cervelo SP24 Carbon Aero (D-shape) Post
- Saddle: Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon Open-Fit Saddle; Narrow
- Component specifics
- 56cm | Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length: 100mm, Crank: 172.5mm, Seatpost: 15mm Setback
- Accessories: Stem Faceplate Front Computer/Light Mount, Rear Accessory Mount, Removable Fender Mounts
- Size: 56cm
- Color: Five Black
- Weight: 17.26 lbs
|Top Tube Length||502mm||522mm||543mm||565mm||581mm||598mm|
|Head Tube Length||89.5mm||109.9mm||136mm||162.3mm||191.2mm||217.5mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||76.5mm||76.5mm||74mm||74mm||71.5mm||71.5mm|