Note: Component Specifications are subject to change due to supply chain challenges.
Showcasing Shimano's 12-speed Ultegra Di2 R8170 groupset, this Cervelo Caledonia Ultegra Di2 Bicycle brings you tremendous shifting and braking performance on a great allroad frameset that has been one of our best selling models since it's release. The wireless shifter levers are matched with a wired rear system that brings massive battery power from a seatpost battery, with simplified wiring requirements. Di2 delivers the most precise, efficient, and reliable electronic shifting on the market. The new rear derailleur design has the charging port, D-Fly communication system, and adjustment system- more than replacing the older junction box system. Shimano's new Di2 app makes set-up and monitoring much simpler.
Cervelo's drive to create the race infused "modern road" Caledonia-series was inspired and informed by several factors. One was to develop a Paris-Roubaix capable bike for the Spring Classics, with their blend of pavement, hardpack dirt, old roads, and of course, cobblestones. Another was the realization that many cyclists deal with forced and optional transitional surfaces such as beat-up urban roads, country lanes, and hopefully some smooth, fast pavement. The now common road disc brake bikes can feature higher volume tires that can handle that versatility, and we all now know that larger tires can be an asset in almost every situation, features lower rolling resistance, offer comfort stability and control. This great riding bike delivers versatility, speed and pure enjoyment.
To create road race-level performance in a frameset design that can accommodate 700x34 tires, a new geometry was required, and while pure road race designs for pavement can have fast handling, that affects stability when multi-surface versatility is required. The Caledonia-series meets these requirements, while also delivering necessary compliance, excellent power transfer, and a handling balance that still allows for fast, tight corners and curving descents, while delivering safer control when needed. This is truly a modern road design, built for serious enthusiasts, racers, and any road cyclist who loves to string together rides that aren't limited to smooth pavement.
The geometry is executed so the top-level Caledonia 5 and the standard Caledonia are the same, and both offer fit ranges within Cervelo's size ranges for most cyclists without compromising feel or handling. The Stack and Reach measurements, seat tube angles, and headtube lengths either match or are super close to the R-Series. The front-center, headtube angle and fork rake are different to accommodate the tire volume and steering, while bottom bracket height is reasonably low. All ensure proper handling and stability. It is important to note that standover height is taller than same-size R-Series due to the tire size capability and necessary clearance. The frame is still sloping, yet sits taller off the ground.
There are differences between the Caledonia frameset and it's 5-level sibling. Some cyclists considering a Caledonia model might strongly appreciate that this frame has a standard round tapered steerer tube and wire/housing routing instead of the 5-level's fully integrated, proprietary system. Any normal bar, stem, or round 27.2mm seatpost can be used. You aren't sacrificing tire clearance, fender/accessory mounts, or ride quality. There are some carbon and construction changes as a result, and the standard Caledonia frame is 95 grams heavier and less aero up front, but the cost, simplicity and features are yours choice to make. The evolved geometry is here for a more stable, sure-handling ride over long hours of multi-surface riding. The proper carbon lay-up for deflection, control, and compliance is just as well balanced. Cervelo measures the stiffness ratings of both framesets as the same at 222 Nm/mm BB / 105 Nm/deg.
The Caledonia has internal routing through the downtube and access plates for wires, cables, housing and hydraulic hose, and can be built as a 1x or 2x mechanical or electronic drivetrain. The front derailleur tab can be removed for a clean look with a 1x set-up. The full carbon tapered Caledonia specific fork features internal routing, Flat Mount set-up for disc calipers, and a 12/100mm thru-axle interface. Integrated fender mounts make for a clean install and you can run up to a 700x31mm tire with fenders- front and rear. The frameset comes with an IS-2 headset, and uses a 27.2mm round seatpost. The rear dropout is for a 12/142mm thru-axle. Cervelo supplies their lever action, Indexed Thru-Axles front and rear.Return to Top
- Versatile "modern road" bike with race integrity, new geometry, increased tire clearance, quick but stable handling, tuned ride and stiffness for gran fondo type endurance events and long, hard multi-surface rides
- Shimano Ultegra R8170 Di2 shifting (wireless cockpit, wired rear) / hydraulic disc brake groupset
- Standard tapered headtube and round fork steerer, w/ standard threadless stem
- Frameset stiffness rating: 222 Nm/mm BB / 105 Nm/deg
- Lower modulus carbon in key areas complements the high modulus materials ensure resilience, compliance
- Proper blend of Squoval and aero tube designs, matched to function/use/needs of Caledonia
- Full carbon tapered Caledonia fork (IS2 1⅛ x 1½ headset), thru-axle dropout, Flat Mount disc
- Frame/fork accept 700x34mm tires, 700x31mm use w/ fenders on integrated frame/fork mounts
- Fork features aero integration to downtube with larger, stouter crown design, internal routing
- Large downtube BBright shell transition deftly into oversized dropped chainstays
- Carbon lay-up, tube design, round seatpost, larger volume tires contribute to compliance
- Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever: 12/100mm fork, 12/142mm rear
- Frameset: Caledonia carbon; tapered head tube, 12/142mm rear thru-axle dropout, Flat Mount disc
- Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered Caledonia, 12/100mm thru-axle dropout, Flat Mount disc
- Groupset: Shimano Ultegra Di2 12spd R8170/R8150/R8100 (Semi-wireless shifting/hydraulic disc braking)
- Shift/Brake Levers: R8170 Di2 w/hydraulic disc braking
- Front/Rear Derailleur: R8150 Di2, Braze-on / R8150 Di2 (Shadow, Integrated D-Fly/Junction, max 34T large cog)
- Brakes/Rotors: R8170 Flat Mount Calipers / RT-MT800 CL 160mm disc rotors
- Crankset/BB: R8100 52/36 / JY-BB 24
- Cassette/Chain: CS-R8100, 11-34T / CN-M8100 12spd
- Di2: Integrated wireless cockpit, New e-Tube wiring from seatpost battery to FD, RD (RD has LED/adjust, D-Fly and charging port
- Wheelset: DT Swiss E1850 23 Spline HG, 24h (F/R), 20mm IRW, CL Disc, TLR
- Tires: Vittoria Zaffiro Pro V Folding G2.0 30c tires w/tubes
- Cervelo Cockpit: Alloy road bar, Alloy stem, Alloy 27.2mm seatpost, Cervelo saddle
- Cervelo Accessories: Faceplate Front Comp/Acc Mount, Rear Acc Mount, Removable Fender Mounts, toptube Bento box mount
- Note: Component Specifications are subject to change without notice due to supply chain challenges
- Component specifics by frame size:
- 48cm Bar: 38c-c, Stem: 80mm, Crank: 165mm
- 51cm Bar: 40c-c, Stem: 90mm, Crank: 170mm
- 54cm/56cm Bar: 42c-c, Stem: 100mm, Crank: 172.5mm
- 58cm/61cm Bar: 44-c-c, Stem: 110mm, Crank: 175mm
- Sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm (48, 51 have Zero offset seatpost)
- Color: Gloss Black, Oasis
- Weight: tbd
|Top Tube Length||502mm||522mm||543mm||565mm||581mm||598mm|
|Head Tube Length||89.5mm||109.9mm||136mm||162.3mm||191.2mm||217.5mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||76.5mm||76.5mm||74mm||74mm||71.5mm||71.5mm|