Cervelo P 105 Bicycle
Note: Component Specifications are subject to change due to supply chain challenges.
Looking for a fast but cost-effective TT/Tri set-up? This P 105 Bicycle can get you started, or re-engaged with the ability to upgrade a proven, fast frameset design. Cervelo has evolved their P-series bikes with this frame design and complete build packages that enhance aerodynamics, improve drivetrain efficiency and overall torsional resistance from the headtube back through the frame. Gone is the P3 designation, with the latest version of that frame level becoming the becoming the P-Series. The frameset includes aero storage and hydration accessories that help to reduce drag while offering simplicity and convenience as part of this impressive complete package. As a complete bike, it's ready to ride quickly, with a fairly simple cockpit adjustment system for the aerobar package.
Cervelo created the P-Series for a single mission: to go from Point A to Point B as quick possible. The P-Series is a no-nonsense speed machine engineered for pure, nonsensical fastness. The engineers went back to the drawing board of the last P3, improving every facet. The P-Series features better air economy, improved stiffness and comfort. It has been designed with discipline, focus, style and swagger with every pedal stroke propelling human and machine through the air with ease, turning watts into wins. How? Start with torsional frame stiffness. The P-Series frameset is 18% stiffer at BB than P3. Headtube and general tube refinement from dropout to dropout combine with that BBright Asymmetric bottom bracket zone and the result is a borderline ridiculous 30% improvement in overall torsional stiffness. The P3 has been one of the most decorated framesets in the triathlon world, so to see such massive improvements is wholly impressive, and we haven't even mentioned that the P-Series frame is 9% lighter, or examined aerodynamics yet.
A quick look at the P3 and P-Series designs allows the viewer to see the similarities, but a closer look demonstrates the aerodynamic refinements that deliver impressive results. Clearly Cervelo has also been able to develop a carbon lay-up to deliver the impressive stiffness and lighter weight, but those are generally internal. Aerodynamic changes can be very subtle but seen in three areas; frontal shapes, transitions from tube to tube and juncture to juncture, with the third being the integration of components and aero accessories- all taken together with proven wind tunnel and CFD testing, but also with respect to how the rider position and physical interaction impact the true overall aerodynamic picture. Cervelo has tested the P-Series at 26g faster than the P3 bare, and 18g faster loaded. Every improvement, every detail, every struggle all serve to create a faster design, with many incremental changes adding up to more speed, delivered more efficiently, saving you watts of effort as you go faster.
There are some key points to mention. While the frame cable routing system is fully internal, and mostly integrated, Cervelo made a strategic decision to allow for the use of any standard stem, allowing for easier service, fit adjustments, and lower cost. The frame itself represents the deep history of Cervelo's engineering: the integrated fork, headtube, Dropped Downtube system, and the sculpted Extended Seattube Cutout that shields the rear wheel, the BBright concept. In addition to the continued development of those engineering feats, Cervelo modified the frame geometry as well to allow for increased stack and reach range. Where many will appreciate the infinite attention to detail is the coordinated storage and hydration features of the P-Series. The toptube Smartpack 400 bag system fills in perfectly behind the sleek cable routing entry, offering small item storage that is easily accessible while riding. The Aerobottle 500 sits flush against the downtube, blending into the seattube at the bottom bracket, with a shape that carries and guides are cleanly off the back. The massively adjustable Cervélo SP23 Carbon Tri Post features a mount off the back for a rear bottle mount.
The disc brake frameset is set-up for 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear threaded thru-axles. As for build details, you get the fully flexible internal routing system, a braze-on front derailleur is required, and you will need either a direct fit or conversion style BBright bottom bracket for whatever crankset system you'll be using. With this complete Cervelo P 105 bike build you actually get all you need to get rolling without over-investing.
- P-Series UCI Legal TT/Tri bike with Shimano 105/Microshift 11s components
- Evolved P-Series frameset, with significant aerodynamic and stiffness advantages
- 18% stiffer at BB than P3, 30% stiffer overall, while weighing 9% lighter
- Tested the P-Series at 26g faster than P3 bare, and 18g faster loaded
- Enhanced engineering across the board of all Cervelo technological features
- Dropped Downtube, Extended Seat Cutout, BBright, internal routing system
- Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered P Fork, with 1⅜; - 1⅛" steerer, IS-2 headset
- Cervelo SP23 aero carbon seatpost with full rail adjustability
- Integrated features, accessories and component selection, w/ standard stem
- Improved geometry offers more stack/reach fit flexibility
- NOTE: Actual component specs may vary due to supply chain issues
- Groupset: Shimano105 / Microshift 11-speed w/ Mechanical disc braking
- Shifters: Microshift Alloy BS-A11
- Rear Derailleur: 105 R7000
- Front Derailleur: 105 R7000, Braze-on
- Crankset/BB: Shimano RS510 50/34T / Cervelo JY-BB 24 (BBright) OR FSA Gossamer Alloy 50-34
- Cassette: 105 CS-R7000, 11-30T
- Chain: CN-HG601
- Brake Calipers/Levers/Rotors: TRP Spyre C Mech / Tektro TT RX4.1 / TRP TR160-25 160mm
- Handlebar: Zipp Vuka Alumina Basebar & Extensions
- Stem: Cervélo Alloy 84 deg (+/- 6)
- Seatpost: Cervélo SP23 Carbon Tri Post
- Saddle: Cervelo Tri Saddle
- Wheels: Alexrims Boondocks-5D, 28h (F), 28h (R), 21mm IW, 6-Bolt, Tubeless Ready
- Tires: Vittoria Zaffiro Pro V Folding G2.0 700x25 tires, w/ tubes
- Component specifics by frame size
- 48cm/51cm Bar width: 40c-c, Stem length: 70mm, Crank length: 165mm
- 54cm/56cm Bar width: 40c-c, Stem length: 80mm, Crank length: 170mm
- 58cm/61cm Bar width: 40-c-c, Stem length: 90mm, Crank length: 172.5mm
- Thru-axles: Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever, Cervelo Aero Thru-Axles, 12x100mm Fork, 12x142mm frame
- Included Accessories: Smartpak 400, Aerobottle 500, Rear Hydration Mount
- Sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm
- Color: Carbon/Black
- Weight: TBD