Cervelo R-Series Ultegra Di2 Disc Bicycle 2021
For a great combination of ride quality, performance, and overall riding experience, the Cervelo R-Series difficult to match. It is a terrific all-rounder, as happy going up hill or down, sprinting or piling up the miles, and built out with Shimano's Ultegra Di2, precision shifting and value come right along with it. Finding the proper all-around road bike that can be ridden, raced, and fully enjoyed can be a fun experience, but Cervelo fans know not too look too far. The R-Series takes full advantage of it's SquovalMax tubeset, R-Series carbon disc fork, and the proven R3 crucial areas such as fit, handling and overall stability. The R-Series Disc frameset easily carries 28mm tires front and rear, and can just as easily be raced as it can be enjoyed on weekend 65 mile cruise. This is a true road bike.
Perhaps that is the best place to begin. The R-Series Disc is a road disc brake bicycle. Not an allroad, gravel or endurance bike. This design comes from the standard bearer R3, our best selling model for years. You get a tapered 1⅛" to 1½" carbon fork. There are 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear thru-axle dropouts optimized with the Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever. Flat mount standard caliper mounts fully integrate with the frame and fork, and yes the tire clearance is 28mm on a 25mm wide rim. These are features that actually suit the modern road bike preferences and are effective for improved handling, ride quality, torsional stiffness and overall performance that certainly carries onto the road.
The tapered, full carbon disc fork rides into the matched tapered headtube that, along with the main frame tubes, ensures exceptional torsional stiffness under any load. The always evolving square-oval, or SquovalMax tubeset that features a flatter shape system and improved aerodynamics is a modified version of the R5 but with a few changes, especially with the R-Series maintaining a round 27.2mm seatpost. The shapes and carbon lay-up improve the lateral stiffness by 18% over the first generation R3 disc frameset. The geometry has a lower standover height and improved toe clearance, improving overall stability, especially under braking forces from the hub mounted disc rotors. Wider tires at slightly lower pressures also improve handling and stability while reducing rolling resistance. As a sub 1000 gram frame in all sizes, the R-Series is still a superior climbing weapon- where the 18% stiffness really shines through, yet now is an even more capable descender and overall stable platform in all conditions.
A long standing key to Cervelo bike's performance has been the 79mm wide asymmetric BBright bottom bracket and design and oversized chainstays. Cervelo creates a balanced carbon lay-up in the fork and frame, applied throughout the SquovalMax tubeset to adapt the set-up for disc brake use. Cervelo adds their integrated Reduced Friction Bottom Bracket Guide, and Future Proof internal routing and interchangeable stop system for hydraulic, electronic or mechanical systems. A braze-on front derailleur tab is used, and the rear thru-axle dropout features a replaceable rear derailleur hanger. Cervelo specs their SP-19 27.2mm diameter carbon seatpost on this frameset, which best complements the ride quality and feel of the complete bike.
Shimano has perfected their Di2 e-Tube wire electronic shifting system. It delivers incredible shift speed and efficiency, with exacting precision. An internal seattube battery and full internal wiring ensure a super clean look and the bar-end junction offers a quick and readily accessible charge and adjustment point. Shimano's mineral oil hydraulic disc braking system is easy to service and maintain, while offering great control and power with 160mm rotors. A 52-36 R8000 crankset and 11-30 cassette offer ideal road gearing options, with shifting managed by the R8050 Di2 front and rear derailleurs and R8070 Dual Control levers.
The equipped kit is solid. The wheelset features 21mm internal width Reserve 35 Carbon TLR rims, laced to DT Swiss 370 CL Disc hubs. Cervelo equips the wheels with Vittoria Rubino Pro TLR G tires in the 700x25 size. With good grip, excellent puncture protection, and smooth, long wearing ride, these are a great match for the wheelset. Cervelo supplies the SP-19 Carbon Seatpost and their CS027 Alloy Stem. The alloy handlebar is the Cervelo Ultra Light AB07 Aero- which is finished with Cervelo bar tape. A Fizik Vento Argo R5 Saddle finishes the cockpit nad carries the Cervelo Rear Accessory Mount. Finally Cervelo provides an FSA IS-2 headset for the full carbon R-Series Disc Fork with the tapered 1⅛" to 1½" steerer tube.
It is tough to top the overall value and superior performance of Ultegra Di2 shifting, which is quick and sure, with disc braking that is hard to beat. It all perfectly complements the overall performance of the R-Series in all conditions, and delivers the riding experience you expect from Cervelo.
- Road disc brake complete bike built for performance and value, in true R-Series tradition
- Equipped w/ Shimano 11s Ultegra Di2 R8070 electronic shifting, hydraulic disc braking
- Di2 e-Tube internal wiring, with internal seatpost battery, bar-end Junction port
- Balanced design and all-round road race (like the R3) geometry favors responsive, assertive handling and acceleration with tremendous stability and ride quality
- Frame and fork designed specifically for disc brakes, thru-axles
- One-piece rear triangle, slender 1cm thick R3 seatstays, no rim brake bridge
- Flat mount caliper mounts, thru-axles enhance safety, alignment, weight performance
- R-Series SquovalMax tubeset design seriously improves lateral stiffness and aerodynamics while maintaining a sub 100 gram frame weight, 12/142 thru-axle dropout
- R-Series Carbon Disc Fork, tapered 1⅛" to 1½" steerer, 12/100 thru-axle dropout and internal brake housing routing
- Tire clearance of frame/fork to 28mm depending on actual tire and rim specifications
- Future Proof internal cable routing and stop set for mechanical or electronic drivetrains, and internal brake housing
- Supplied: Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever, 12/100mm Front, 12/142mm Rear
- 11-spd Ultegra Di2 R8070 Dual Control levers, hydraulic FM calipers, R8050 Front and Rear Di2 Derailleurs, R8000 52-36 crankset, Cervelo JY-BB 24mm, R8000 11-30 cassette RT80 160mm CL rotors, CN701 chain
- Wheelset: Reserve 35mm Carbon, DT370 CL Disc, 20h(F), 24h(R), 21mm IRW, TLR
- Tires: Vittoria Rubino Pro TLR G 700x25mm tires, with tubes
- Kit: Cervelo Ultra Light AB07 Aero alloy bar, Cervelo CS027 Alloy Stem, SP-19 Carbon 27.2mm seatpost, bar wrap; FSA IS-2 Tapered Headset; Fizik Vento Argo R5 Saddle, Rear Accessory Mount
- Stocked in: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58 cm sizes (48, 51 come w/ Zero offset post, 54-58 w/ 25mm SB
- Component specifics by frame size
- 48cm | Bar width: 38c-c, Stem length: 80mm, Crank length: 165mm
- 51cm | Bar width: 40c-c, Stem length: 90mm, Crank length: 170mm
- 54cm/56cm | Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length: 100mm, Crank length: 172.5mm
- 58cm/61cm | Bar width: 44c-c, Stem length: 110mm, Crank length: 175mm
- Color: Grey/Red
- Weight: 16.9 lbs (56cm)
|Top Tube Length||515mm||532mm||548mm||563mm||581mm||597mm|
|Head Tube Length||89mm||110mm||133mm||159mm||188mm||214mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||74.5mm||74.5mm||72mm||72mm||69.5mm||69.5mm|