Colnago C60 BB Ring
Colnago framesets such as the C60 and V1-R that use the ThreadFit 82.5 bottom bracket interface require a set of threaded shells that accept PressFit BB86 type bottom bracket bearings. New frames will come with these precision machined shells, but if you need to replace yours, or simply outfit a frame, this pair is the part you require. Colnago developed this system because they believed it more precise than machining a carbon frame to directly match a bearing system. Many of you have ridden on or with with bikes that seem to creak from the bottom bracket no matter is done to stop it, and this will appreciate this attention to detail.
By offering precision shells for bearings to pressed into, Colnago controls the interface. And because it is possible over time for these aluminum shells to wear from bearing interaction, they are easy to replace. The external 16-notch spline design is very low profile, so Colnago also sells a perfectly matched tool that won't mar your frame when you install the shells. Each shell is side-specific and is clearly marked with drive or non-drive indicators, as well as an directional arrow for proper threading. The threads come with thread locking compound already installed and we encourage you to use grease as well.
- Threaded shell set for Colnago's ThreadFit 82.5 framesets like C60, V1-R
- Precision machined shells thread into BB interface, accept PF86 bottom bracket cups
- Shells are drive and non-drive specific, and labeled as such with installation direction
- Torque spec listed, 25-30Nm
- Low profile, 16-notch spline design best installed with Colnago PressFit shell tool
- System virtually eliminates creaking, reduces bearing wear
- Shells come prepped with thread locking compound
- Sold as a pair: drive / non-drive
- Color: Black