Continental Grand Prix Urban Road Tire
Continental has long offered great urban/commuter grade road tires, but with the Grand Prix Urban, for the first time the concept balances ride quality, durability, grip, and safety. This is a top-level of commuter grade tire that is made with an GP Urban-specific Black Chili compound while sporting excellent puncture from the flexible, finely woven PolyX Breaker that has been featured in Continental's top rated road car tires for years. Essentially the Grand Prix Urban is a large volume race grade tire with excellent protection, which earned it a 2019 German Design Award.
The 3ply 180 tpi casing under the tread, ride damping qualities of the rubber and larger volume all make this a ideal for fast or long distance commuters, but can be utilized by any 700c wheel equipped cross, gravel, or hybrid bike for better speed and feel tha a heavier, treaded tire when pavement is all you ride. The 700x35mm GP Urban can easily handle dry dirt roads or packed gravel, but it shines on pavement. With a reference to shining, recognize that this blackwall tire also features a black reflective circumference stripes that appear subtly in the daylight hours while garnering quick, obvious recognition at night.
- Large volume urban tire with road race features and capabilities
- Black Chili Urban rubber compound offers grip, protection, long wear and damping
- Features integrated black reflective strip in sidewalls
- Water siping recessed tread pattern makes this a ideal wet pavement option
- Foldable clincher tire with aramid bead core
- 3ply/180 tpi under tread, 2ply/120 tpi in sidewall
- Extremely puncture resistant polyester fiber- woven tightly crosswise- PolyX Breaker
- Size: 700x35
- Color: Black/Black Reflective stripe
- Weight: 326 grams (average actual weight of 5 tires)