The Trail King tire design has been all-around trail/Enduro winner for Continental since it's release. As a additional entry in the Trail King family, the Trail King Shieldwall Tire brings the tread and design concepts of the top level version, but materials that maintain great performance at a lower price point. There are two key changes, one of which is the Shieldwall system, the second is the move to PureGrip rubber.
PureGrip has been used in several of Conti's road tires developed for high mileage, puncture resistance, grip and lower cost. The rubber uses Activated silica compounds to offer outstanding grip and cross-country level speed properties; it is also long lasting and highly durable. The tread itself is the Trail King pattern, and features blocks, gaps, and a multitude of small knobs that deliver great hook-up and traction, with the hard surface grip you'd expect, yet rolls fast and true, even at lower pressures afforded by tubeless tire use.
The casing is built with the proven 3-ply/180 tpi construction most of Continental's non-DH mountain tires employ. The Shieldwall System protection covers bead-to-bead, and the all-round puncture protection layer consists of a finely woven cross fabric. It is flexible to match the casing with the optimum combination of high puncture protection and low rolling resistance with moderate weight.
Continental's Revolutionary (Revo) Tubeless system features a special bead shape and material that ensures a better seal, with greater flexibility to easier and faster tire mounting. It is recommended you use their Revo Sealant for optimal results.Return to Top
- More cost effective folding version of the best selling Trail King Tubeless Ready tire design
- Varies from Protection Apex version in rubber used and puncture/abrasion protection set-up
- Ideal for enduro bikes and "all mountain" bikes with a suspension travel of greater than 140mm
- PureGrip rubber uses Activated silica compounds to offer outstanding grip and cross-country level speed properties; it is also long lasting and highly durable
- Multitude of small knobs guarantee best traction on any difficult trail
- Comfortable and voluminous 3 ply/180 tpi casing with Shieldwall system ideal for tubeless use
- Excellent puncture resistance and maximum stability
- ShieldWall system combines optimum combination of high puncture protection low rolling resistance with modest weight
- Additional, all-round puncture protection layer, which consists of a finely woven cross fabric
- Revo tubeless ready bead allows easy and uncomplicated tire mounting
- Continental recommends their Revo sealant for best overall results
- 27.5": 2.4" (36-51 psi, 880g), 2.6" (29-44 psi, 980g)
- 29": 2.2" (44-58 psi, 805g), 2.4" (36-51 psi,935g)
- Color Black