Deda Elementi Trenta 2 Disc Wheelset
The second generation, wider rim Deda Trenta disc brake wheelset is ideal for allroad to full-on gravel use, with a 28-50mm tire range, and a 1445 gram set weight. The Italian component company's wheels have only scratched the surface of the US market over the years, but are highly regarded across Europe. The Deda Trenta 2 DB is now built with a tubeless ready/clincher rim with a 29mm external width ensuring a wider all-around capability.
With a 32mm rim depth, the 29mm ERW and an 23mm IRW, the high modulus UD/3K carbon fiber rim construction is remarkably strong yet resilient to damage and harsh riding conditions. The rim features a hooked tubeless design that also secures a clincher tire. The new wider rim generation provides a better support to the tires, allowing for the lower pressures of most tubeless tires, which can reduce rolling resistance and allow for greater stability and grip over rougher surfaces. While a 28-30mm clincher can be run to max tire pressure, most clinchers over 32mm should be on the lower pressure range of the tire.
The disc brake, thru-axle machined aluminum hubset is built for high tension, straight pull spokes. Both front and rear feature 24 aero profile stainless steel spokes, laced 2x all around. Easily accessed external ABS locking nipples hold the tension and keep rotating weight as low as possible. The hubs feature a 17mm alloy axle, and have end caps for 12/100mm front, 12/142mm rear thru-axles. Deda uses the Center Lock disc rotor mount system, supplying lockrings as well. The rear hub features an interchangeable freehub system, with an AL 6066 body and 4-pawl leaf engagement system for fast and confident propulsion.
Deda also supplies tubeless tape and tubeless valves with the Trenta2 DB. At 1445 grams this is a lightweight responsive wheelset with remarkable capabilities and overall Allroad durability. It has all the features gravel racers and Allroad/Endurance riders requires, and the quality materials and construction to match.
- Lightweight disc brake tubeless ready/clincher carbon wheelset designed for Allroad/Gravel
- High modulus carbon fiber UD and 3K combined structure offers great strength, resilience
- Superior stability and durability for any riding condition
- 28mm minimum recommended tire size, clincher or tubeless tire; max of 50mm
- 700c Rim spec: 32mm depth, 23mm IRW, 29mm ERW, disc brake only, tubeless ready- hooked
- Machined alloy hubset featuring 17mm alloy axles, Enduro ABEC 5 steel bearings
- Rear carries high precision 6061 aluminum freehub body featuring 4-pawl engagement mechanism with leaf system
- Thru-axle set-up: front 12x100mm, rear 12x142mm; Center Lock Disc rotor mounts
- 24 front spoke count, 24 rear spoke count, Aero profile SS straight pull spokes, black, laced 2x all around, with 15mm Alloy Self Locking ABS external nipples
- Includes: Center Lock lockrings, tubeless tape, tubeless valve
- Freehub: Campagnolo N3W
- Finish: Carbon, gloss decals
- Weight: 1445 grams (set)