A good flat, or near flat, carbon handlebar still has a prominent place in XC race and XC trail riding, especially with the natural cockpit height of a 29er. The Enve M5 Mountain bar is a flyweight, modern flat bar for XC race and trail riding, available with a +/- 5mm rise depending on how you prefer to set it up at install.
The M5 bar is Enve's lightest XC race and trail bar. The Utah company builds each bar in a specific length for the optimal weight and ride quality for the intended riding purpose. Designed with an offset grip position and 31.8mm clamping diameter, M5 the bar can be mounted with a positive or negative rise of 5mm. This versatile bar combines a familiar 9° sweep with the greater width and strength that’s demanded by today’s more aggressive XC rider.
The M5 comes 760mm wide, but can be cut down to as short as 720mm as desired. The clamping surfaces- the handlebar and lever mounting zones- are rated for a 5.5Nm max torque spec, so make sure your equipment will not exceed that rating. We recommend the Enve M6 stem for the best combination of stiffness and control for the most discriminating MTB cockpit.Return to Top
- Flyweight, modern flat bar for XC and trail riding, available with a +/- 5mm rise
- Versatile bar combines common XC 9° sweep with greater width for leverage
- Width and carbon lay-up optimized for strength and tuned flex for XC riding
- Bar includes decal sheet to color match Enve's wheel decal colors
- Textured stem clamp zone for increased friction and hold
- Width: 760mm (can be cut down to as narrow as 720mm, cut lines provided)
- Clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Sweep: 9 degrees
- Color: UD Carbon matte w/white
- Weight: 192 grams