SES 2.3 Disc Wheelset 2022
If you live to climb, and climb to thrive on the bike, plus enjoy maximizing speed and wheel control on descents, the 2022 SES 2.3 is purpose-built for the mountains. Ultra-light, respectfully aerodynamic, and optimized for tubeless tires, the SES 2.3 raises the bar for performance through hilly and mountainous terrain There’s no better option for the uncompromising climber who values performance up and down the mountain than the new SES 2.3. At sub-1200 grams, they’re in a league of their own and deliver a real-world advantage in hilly terrain through their lightweight design and confidence-inspiring handling.
At 28mm for the front depth and 32mm for the rear depth, the SES 2.3 provides crosswind stability and flatland aerodynamic efficiency to descend confidently and carry speed in the flat valleys between climbs. Utilizing hookless bead tubeless technology allowed our engineers to pull more weight out of this wheelset, tune the comfort, maintain strength, and ensure an exacting rim bead seat diameter to provide the most precise tubeless interface. The 2022 SES 2.3 wheelset is hookless tubeless and disc brake only. The SES 2.3 subscribes to the ideal in pursuing scaling mountains efficiently and providing even more fun and stability on the descent. Paring down from the SES 3.4, the 2.3 maintains the proven Smart ENVE System design elements of dissimilar front and rear rim depths for handling the varying air flow elements from the front to the back of the bike. When it comes to the biggest climbs of the Grand Tours or the undulating terrain out your front door, there’s simply nothing faster.
Enve's Premium Alloy Road Disc Hubset hubs feature the Perfect PreloadTM waved-washer system, which means no more hub slop, frustrating adjustments, or prematurely worn bearings. Stainless steel bearings and races keep corrosion at bay, while premium external seals prevent contamination. Cold-forged then machined 6061 aluminum alloy is light, strong, and stout with j-bend flanges The optimized flange spacing and geometry for responsive and optimally stiff wheel builds that inspire confidence when accelerating and cornering. Additionally, the freehub body can be removed without tools and switching between Campagnolo, Shimano, and SRAM can be accomplished without re-dishing the wheel. Housed behind the freehub body is the Instant Drive 360 40T ratchet style drive system that delivers efficient and responsive power transmission in a highly reliable, virtually maintenance free package with optimized flange spacing and geometry for responsive and optimally stiff wheel builds that inspire confidence when accelerating and cornering. The Enve Alloy hubset option for the SES 3.4 Wheelset feature 24 spokes, and are laced 2x/2x. Enve uses Sapim's famed CX-Ray on all their wheels. The nipples are an Enve-specific inverted brass design, the only option rated for the rims.Return to Top
- Redesigned ultra-light, respectfully aerodynamic wheelset raises the bar for performance through hilly and mountainous terrain in all conditions
- Real World Fast: updated line-up for 2022, all disc-only rims with Wide Hookless tubeless bead
- Shallower front wheel than rear wheel with blunt spoke face to maximize cross wind stability and handling
- Deeper real wheel than front with sharper spoke face to maximize drag reduction
- Aerodynamically optimized around the fast-rolling ENVE SES 27 Tire (27mm WAM at 80psi on 21mm IRW)
- High volume road tires (25-28mm) roll faster, smoother; offer more confidence on imperfect roads
- Result? Ride faster with large tires; developed rim shapes negate the aero loss that comes with additional tire volume
- ENVE Premium Road Hubs guarantee optimized wheel build dynamics, efficient power transfer, unprecedented reliability, and low-friction rolling on premium grade bearings