ENVE SES 38 Disc Rim
The Enve SES 38 Disc Rim is a the 24 hole carbon front rim of an SES 3.4 Disc wheelset. At 387 grams it is lightweight, yet has a 21mm internal width, and 27.5mm external. It is a Tubeless Ready road model, and has been aero optimized for 25mm tires. As a front wheel it has been built for frontal aerodynamic requirements, which include stability and handling in cross-winds. Within a complete wheelset it is complemented by the taller 42mm rear version.
The SES system was predicated on designing aerodynamic rims that matched the individual requirements of front and rear wheels. The front rim and tire are the leading edge into the wind, are more exposed in crosswinds, and must handle properly while attacking, cornering and descending. Enve's carbon layup process, continual fiber concept, and molded openings (as opposed to drilling) has proven to deliver durable, lightweight aero carbon disc brake rims that can handle high spoke tension, is resilient to road impacts, and maintains integrity beyond most expectations in many emergency situations.
Tubeless riders will find the rim system works extremely well, even at low pressures, and most current sealants provide the right level of protection and prevent drastic air reduction from impact.
- Lightweight 38mm deep disc brake Tubeless Ready carbon rim
- Rim spec: 21mm IRW, 27.5mm ERW, 24 hole, 387 grams, 580mm ERD
- Designed for the front wheel of the Enve SES 3.4 disc wheelset
- Aero optimized for 25mm tires, with great stability and control
- Features Enve's carbon layup process, continual fiber concept, and molded holes
- Includes: 38mm profile rim, tubeless tape, tubeless valve, extender
- Finish: UD carbon/Black gloss decals