ESI Racers Edge Grips
It may seem strange now, but when ESI started offering 100% silicone grips to pro mountain bike racers in 1999, they were the first company to do so. By 2006 the "secret" was out and trail riders of all disciplines were hitting us up for ESI. Now silicone seems like half the market for road and mountain tape/grip material. Why? The material is lightweight, incredibly durable to daily use, offers excellent grip wet or dry, with gloves or without, and offers great bar and cockpit feel for top notch control. It also does not have latex or traditional rubber. On top of that the price is great, especially considering the durability, there are great color options, and the product is perfectly consistent every time you buy a new pair. The Racer's Edge, a 30mm installed diameter grip, at 5⅛" long, became the standard for XC racers, and is still seen on World Cup level bikes, and remains a favorite of mountain bikers with smaller hands and multifaceted cockpit controls.
ESI Racers Edge grips were conceived for those riders who prefer or need thinner, lighter grips. The silicone grips are easy to install (with rubbing alcohol as the "lubricant") and hold very well without twisting even in the harshest technical riding conditions. The grips are made from 100% silicone that conforms to the hands and offers excellent comfort while ensuring control. ESI's grips can reduce problems like numbness and hand pain. The silicone material is resistant to tears, extreme heat and cold, and non-porous so it never gets waterlogged or compromises feel or grip. Even with ESI offering a wide array of grip styles and thicknesses, the Racer's Edge is still a best seller, a tribute to all those who find a product they like and are loyal to it.
- 100% silicone MTB grips from the original silicone bar grip maker
- Low profile grip favored by XC racers and those who want shock absorption without much thickness or bulk
- Great wet or dry grip means great connected feeling and sure control/i>
- The silicone will subtly conform to your hand shape and placement with time
- Silicone is resistant to UV damage, won't fade, dry out, or harden, and can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol, other cleaners, even acetone
- ESI recommends rubbing alcohol as lubricant for installation- see video on ESI's site for further instruction- No need for adhesive of any kind!
- Grip length: 5⅛" (128mm)
- Diameter (installed on bar): 30mm
- Includes: 1 pair of grips, 1 pair of ESI endcaps
- Select color from drop down menu
- Weight: 50 grams
- Made in USA