Fizik Arione OO Versus Evo Saddle
Fizik developed the Versus EVO concept for their race-level saddles in order to answer the call for a central relief channel that can ease pressure on soft tissue. The visually minimal shell has the padding and textured cover sections bonded via a vacuum pressurized system directly to the shell, leaving a central relief zone that runs the length of the saddle but widens gradually from the center to tail. In this case, the Versus EVO system was built into the Arione OO design, meaning you get a lightweight, minimal Arione OO with a relief channel.
The Arione saddle concept from Fizik is a favorite of cyclists who take full advantage of the 299mm length with fore-aft movement while riding, and don't care for a saddle that has a fixed or semi-fixed seating position. Why buy the lightweight, and costly, Arione OO version? Besides the 140 gram average weight, vibration damping afforded by the carbon rails and shell, and cool look, investing in the Arione OO means that the saddle with maintain a very consistent platform and engineered WingFlex that lesser materials can't sustain over time. In other words it doesn't get softer with high miles and long hours.
Construction-wise, the full carbon double shell construction was built with the WingFlex system the Arione made famous. The side wings of the shell have engineered flex, something that some riders prefer for pedal power and a little pressure forgiveness. The Arione OO Versus Evo Saddle is available in 130mm and 140mm widths for better fit options. The shell is held up by Fizik's hollow 7x9mm oval carbon rails, which have a Mobius design that are bonded to the carbon shell, offering exceptional strength and stiffness of the assembly. The textured, vacuum applied pad/cover sections are water resistant, durable and offer a little grip to allow desired fore-aft movement without sliding unintentionally.
- Premium version of the long, flat Arione Versus EVO saddle design with carbon shell and rails
- Minimalist shell construction with attached padding sections leaving a relief channel
- Very light given the longer size, construction and durability
- Arione concept favors riders who prefer a saddle without a specific seating position and like to move fore-aft
- Even with carbon shell/rails, the shell is designed to flex at the sides, but won't fatigue like a nylon blend or mixed composite
- Full Carbon double shell construction with WingFlex system
- Textured, vacuum applied pad/cover sections are water resistant, durable
- Mobius Carbon Braided 7x9mm rail system
- Only install saddle in cradle systems that truly accept a oval 7x9mm rail size
- Fizik Spine concept: Snake
- Length: 299mm
- Widths: Regular 130mm, Large 140mm
- Color: Carbon/Black
- Weight: Regular 166 grams, Large 170 grams
- Made in Italy