Fizik Transiro Mistica Kium Rail Saddle
Fizik's collaboration on road and aero bike oriented saddles with top professional cycling teams and triathletes has been a driver of the Italian company's success. The Transiro Mistica is just more example of how practical application and direct rider input informs some of the best saddles offered today. The Transiro Mistica has been optimized for the needs of triathletes, and is built off the bones of the popular Tritone saddle. The stubby nose-less design is balanced with the extra long light, strong Kium alloy rail to allow for fit requirements, but with a total length of 241mm, the saddle is still UCI legal. The achieved maximum adjustment fore and aft promote the perfect aero riding position for the vast majority of cyclists. Available in two overall widths, 135mm Regular, and The nose is 55mm wide in the Regular, and 65mm in the Large size, and each features a sculpted Front Transition hanging hook. A simplified, rear facing Carriage Kit supports attachments for bottle cage, CO2 charge, inflator and tube. On features and set-up alone, the Transiro Mistica will win followers.
Yet features, while desirable and necessary, mean little if a saddle isn't comfortable for your training and events. The Transiro Mistica’s new channel design enables better weight distribution across sit bones and the new seamless, friction-free nose construction delivers improved riding comfort. With a shape design that also seems to be inspired by the Arione Versus road design, nearly every rider can find a seating position that will work for them. Push back for more length in the pedaling stroke, or pull forward for maximum power, the Transiro Mistica gives you room and padding that works, and has an extra grippy top material that provides maximum riding stability so you can hold that position as long as you need to.
Fizik's build quality is typically outstanding, and the Kium alloy rails offer both strength and enough vibration and impact attenuation to be noticeable, especially on the more vertically rigid aero frame designs. A carbon reinforced nylon shell allows for mild break-in, but will never indent. It stays resilient to heavy use, offering mild flex while delivering power throughout the pedal stroke. In the cycling world, this would considered a sustainable saddle, designed for longevity and heavy use, yet the Transiro Mistica comes in at only 235 grams in the Regular size, adding 10 grams for the wider dimensions of the Large, so it is pretty light despite its qualities and benefits.
If you liked the Tritone or Tri Mistica, we feel the Transiro Mistica is an improvement all the way around. Edges and transitions have been softened or curved, the top cover grip serves most riders better than the smooth option, and the Carriage Kit no longer requires an engineer to set-up. If you are coming from another saddle consider the nose width options versus your current saddle and recognize that the positions you prefer will dictate your best choice. Over the years we have sold many of the best time trial and triathlon saddles made, and we feel the Transiro Mistica rivals them, particularly for multi-sport athletes who are pushing their training and racing ambitions out from Sprint distance to middle and long distance events.
- Stubby, nose-less shaped saddle for triathlon use, available in two width options
- Allows comfort and pure performance in the aero tuck position required for your fastest triathlon cycling leg
- Front Transition hook for hanging in transition areas
- Long Kium alloy rails allow for maximum adjustment fore and aft
- New channel design enables better weight distribution across sit bones
- Thermowelded Microtex cover sheds water, holds up well to daily use
- Seamless, friction-free nose construction delivers improved riding comfort
- An extra grippy material provides maximum riding stability
- Carbon reinforced nylon shell offers minimum to mild flex, is resilient over time
- Redesigned Carriage Kit that’s more versatile and easy to install
- Included Carriage Kit for: cage holder, CO2 charge, inflator and tube
- Integrated Clip System compatible
- Length: 241mm (UCI legal)
- Size / Nose / width options: Regular 135mm / 55mm, Large 141mm / 65mm
- Color: Black
- Size / Weight: Regular / 235 grams, Large / 245 grams