Rapid Red 3 DB Gravel Wheelset
Fulcrum wheels, like their Campagnolo siblings, combine smart design and specialized construction to create vivid riding experience. With the updated Rapid Red options, Fulcrum has incorporated their features and construction methods into performance Allroad/Gravel wheels. The Rapid Red 3 DB Gravel Wheelset is equipped for quiet secondary paved and unpaved gravel, with some true off-road sections thrown in for fun. The long-proven strength and stability of Fulcrum's wheel construction shoes true here, with the specs and details required of the allroad lifestyle.
Treated as a new project, not just an extension of the road wheels, the Rapid Reds are perfectly at home on mixed terrain. Constructed completely with a machined CNC aluminum section, which significantly lowers their weight, and reduces rotational weight, the 24mm internal rim width is ideal for current frames designed around larger wheels and the full capabilities of tubeless tires with larger volume from 30-46mm. With a balanced construction of a 24mm profile and 29mm external rim width, the disc brake only rim also has Fulcrum's R2 milling throughout to reduce weight except at the spoke holes, where material is left to maintain high spoke tension without concern about fatigue.
This all possible because of the AL 6082, T6 Pre-Aging aluminum material used in the rim extrusion. As the material is pre-stressed then hardened, it is resilient over many miles of rough terrain. Campagnolo and Fulcrum share the 2-Way fit hook rim concept, which has been one of the most reliable tubeless ready, clincher tire dual use rim designs for over a decade. The hubset is a high strength design, each body precision machined from a single block of aluminum with high, wide flanges capable of easily anchoring the straight pull, round, stainless steel, double butted spokes; 24 per wheel laced with a 2:1 ratio side-to-side. The external nipple are alloy and of a standard design rather than the integrated nipple system of many Fulcrum wheels. The hubs also feature oversized alloy axles and an easily serviceable adjustable cup and cone bearing system. The rear freehub features an alloy body, and sure and reliable engagement system. In addition to the Campagnolo N3W version, Shimano HG and SRAM XDR options are available. The disc brake interface is the AFS system, which is directly compatible with the Shimano Center Lock rotor standard.
At 1740 grams for the wheelset, with a max combined (rider, gear, bike) weight of 265 lbs, the Rapid Red 3 DB Gravel balances price and performance with longevity and capability, as a superior aluminum gravel wheelset should.Return to Top
- Superior quality aluminum allroad/gravel wheelset for long use on harsh terrain or pavement
- Designed with 2-Way Fit system for tubeless or clincher use w/ 700c tires from 30-46mm
- 100% handbuilt quality with precision made components
- Features Fulcrum's RDB™ (rim dynamic balance) system
- Rim spec: 24mm depth, 29mm ERW, 24mm IRW, disc only, 2-Way fit Tubeless/Clincher
- AL 6082, T6 Pre-Aging aluminum extrusion with R2 milling, reinforced spoke nipple zones
- Both wheels feature 24 straight pull, round, double butted, stainless steel spokes, laced with Campagnolo/Fulcrum 2:1 ratio for dynamic balance, strength; external, standard-type alloy nipples
- High strength aluminum monoblock AFS/CL disc hubset, oversized flanges and alloy axles
- 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear thru-axle compatible
- Adjustable cup and cone bearing system is easy to service
- Interchangeable freehub system; rapid, sure engagement (Campy N3W, HG11, XDR options)
- Max combined weight (rider, gear, bike): 265 lbs
- AFS/Center Lock Disc rotor mount system
- Includes: Tubeless tape and valves, rotor lockrings
- Freehub option: N3W
- Finish: Black/Grey Black
- Weight: 1740 grams