Edge 530 GPS Computer MTB Bundle
Mountain bikers can further embrace Garmin's Edge GPS bike computers with this Edge 530 MTB Bundle and a bevy of new onboard training tools and tech for trail riding. Building off the success of the Edge 520 series GPS bike computers, Garmin has made some strong advances in hardware and software with the Edge 530. Physically the 530 head unit has some slight changes from the 520, but the result is a 13% larger screen size, so there is actually more meeting the eye than before. Perhaps the most crucial upgrade, and why the housing is new and the Edge 530 is a true step forward, is the improved processor which delivers two times faster route calculation, along with improved button responsiveness. There are a host of training specific and truly functional features packed in alongside the capabilities from the Edge 520+.
Your base expectations in a Garmin GPS unit are here, such as GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo support, with integrated altimeter, ambient light sensor, accelerometer and magnetometer for improved ride tracking on and off road. All of the connectivity you require is here with ANT+ and Bluetooth wireless technology compatibility, along with Wi-Fi, and a streamlined, simplified set up process. The 246 x 322 pixel color screen offers great visibility, even in glare, and the improved button response makes interaction while riding more reliable and sure. Usage time has improved 20 hours of normal usage, and adds the introduction of power connections for compatibility with the Garmin Charge™ Power Pack, which can bring your run time up to 48 hours.
From a training perspective you get all the Cycling Dynamics power and cycling metrics you need when used with a powermeter, cadence sensor and heart rate monitor, but Garmin has placed a greater focus on better combining the real time information provided by GPS to aid you further than on-board training plans. The new ClimbPro feature allows the rider to see grade and ascent remaining automatically when going uphill, which is significant benefit when gauging your energy level at peak output. When you add in VO2 Max, Recovery time, training status/load with a new training load balance, Heat/Altitude Acclimation status and smart nutrition/hydration tracking, you have a full suite of performance and fitness metrics needed for self training or coach-based direction. Garmin gives you on-device training calendar, with new pre and post-ride workout views, and automatic syncing with select 3rd party training platforms. As if all that wasn't enough, trail riders will find that new MTB Dynamics provides all the data mountain bike riders need to track their jumps and their descents.
Speaking of mountain biking, besides the pre-loaded Garmin Cycle Mp, with it's ride-type popularity routing, off-course recalculation and turn-by-turn back to start calculation, Garmin also has stepped up their offroad game. Garmin Cycle Map also now includes MTB specific trail content from TrailForks, containing details of trails worldwide, including trail difficulty level. You can also seamlessly download and follow your planned rides using the TrailForks Connect IQ app. Not enough? How about ForkSight, which, identifying when you pause while out on the trail, the Edge 530 will automatically display upcoming forks in the trail as well as data about the most recent section of your ride. No longer do mountain bikers have to feel that roadies get all the good stuff.
With safety awareness and Smartphone connectivity ever more integrated into cycling experiences, such as with Varia radar and awareness options, the Edge 530 keeps GroupTrack and LiveTrack, rider to rider messaging, automatic preset messaging to an emergency contact via Incident Detection and Assistance, standard smart notifications, and more. The safety of your head unit and bike has also been factored in, with Find Your Edge allowing you to locate your device should it come off in a crash, and Bike Alarm, which detects motion after you come to an extended stop for a nature break or coffee infusion. When you set it, your Edge will detect motion and send you a message to your phone. Just pull up your bibs or secure your coffee before you rush out.
Of course you need the essentials, like Advanced Strava Segments, ANT FE-C trainer control, Di2 control, Weather Alerts, and full Garmin IQ app connectivity. The Edge 530 delivers across the board, as you can see, with real improvements and features, while building on the capabilities of the Edge system overall. With the MTB Bundle you receive your Edge 530, mountain bike mount, standard mount, Speed Sensor2, Edge handlebar remote, silicone case, tether, USB cable, and manuals. Garmin also offers the standard Edge 530 Bundle, as well an the Edge 530 head unit solo, so you have three great options to choose from, and you can always add sensors or features to any Edge 530. Every set-up option delivers tangible upgrades and capabilities, and for us the Edge 520/520+ units, which have been our strongest selling Garmin GPS cycling computers since the Edge 500, have been surpassed in scope, overall training, safety, and MTB effectiveness by the Edge 530.Return to Top
- Advanced and enhanced mid-size Edge cycling GPS head unit with button interaction, in this MTB Bundle option
- Focus on leveraging GPS and live tracking to enhance the cycling and training experience, along with considerable added support for MTB use
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo support, with integrated altimeter, ambient light sensor, accelerometer and magnetometer for improved ride tracking on and off road
- New processor for 2x faster route calculation and improved button responsiveness over 520 series
- Improved connectivity, with ANT+ / Bluetooth wireless technology compatibility, ANT FE-C trainer control, Di2 control, Wi-Fi, streamlined, simplified set up
- Use Garmin Connect IQ app for Smartphone integration
- Pre-loaded Garmin Cycling Map, now with MTB trail specific content from TrailForks
- Seamlessly download/follow planned MTB rides using TrailForks Connect IQ app
- ForkSight- when you pause while out on the trail, will automatically display upcoming forks in the trail as well as data about the most recent section of your ride
- Full smart notifications via phone, plus Group and Live Tracking, Incident Detection and Assistance, Find My Edge, Bike Alarm, Advanced Strava Segments, Rider to Rider Messaging
- Full training features with Cycling Dynamics, MTB Dynamics, On-device training calendar, with new pre and post-ride workout view, and automatic syncing with select 3rd party training platforms, VO2 Max, Recovery time, training status/load with new training load balance, Heat/Altitude Acclimation status and smart nutrition/hydration tracking, ClimbPro feature allows the rider to see grade and ascent remaining automatically when going uphill
- Course/route planning must be downloaded to unit
- Fully compatible with Varia radar awareness devices
- Unit Dimensions: 1.9” x 3.2” x 0.8” (50 mm x 82 mm x 20 mm)
- Battery Life: 20 hours normal usage (has power connections for compatibility with Garmin Charge Power Pack for run time up to 48 hours)
- Display: 2.6” (6.6 cm); with a resolution of 246 x 322 pixels
- Water Rating: IPX7
- MTB Bundle includes: Edge 530, mountain bike mount, standard mount, Speed Sensor2, Edge remote, silicone case, tether, USB cable, manuals
- Color: Black
- Weight: 75.8 grams (head unit only)