Garmin Rally RK100 Dual-Sensing Upgrade Pedal
Garmin's release of the Rally pedal power meters offers flexibility of price and performance options. If you buy a 100-series, single side unit, you can upgrade to a dual side set-up anytime. Upgrade your Rally RK100 Keo compatible set-up to a create an RK200 dual-sensing power meter set-up, and analyze more than just watts to see exactly how your pedaling style generates the force that moves you.
When paired with Rally RK100, the upgrade pedal completes the Rally power meter system, providing left/right balance data and cycling dynamics. Revolutionary Cycling Dynamics metrics display where you’re generating power throughout the pedal stroke and show left/right balance. See where you apply force on the pedal to ensure proper cleat position and track seated vs. standing to see how position changes efficiency. In the dual meter set-up, the right pedal communicates with the left, and the left communicates with your computer head unit, so you can't just install a right pedal on a different bike as a single side power meter.
One major selling point of the Rally is the fact that the axle system is universal to all Rally pedal bodies, both R and XC models, and is backwards compatible with the Vector 3. This allows the bodies to be interchangeable as all have the same bearing system as well. If you normally use road pedals most of the year, and mountain pedals in the winter, as many cyclists do, you could change out the bodies and have all the same power measuring benefits year round. This modular system offers this benefit, and potentially other options down the road, if you will.
The Rally RK-series Keo body pedals install like any pedal and have wrench flats for a standard pedal wrench. There is a torque spec recommended (34Nm), which is bit more than most pedals recommend, but torque won't impact the power measurement.
- Right side power meter pedal that upgrades the Rally RK100 (Left pedal) to a Keo dual side power meter system
- Enables actual metrics developed and viewed on head unit or via app including Cycling Dynamics
- Left side only single sensor system does not offer Cycling Dynamics- requires dual sensors
- Power measurement: spindle based (left & side pedals- right side communicates with left, left to head unit/app)
- Road Look Keo pedal delivers right side power measurement, can not be used as a standalone option
- Mountain style pedals ideal for any gravel, mountain, even road riding for those who prefer SPD
- Aluminum bodies with steel engagement systems are rated for impact, overall strength and durability
- Accurately measures and transmits power and cadence to compatible head units and apps as listed
- No-fuss installation, just install as you would standard pedal, via pedal wrench flats
- Modular Rally axle/sensor design compatible with all Rally road and XC models, easy to swap out
- Communication: ANT+® and Bluetooth®
- Power accuracy: +/-1%
- Q-factor: 53 mm (55 mm with provided 2 mm washer)
- Stack height: 12.2 mm
- Battery life: up to 120 hours
- Battery type: CR1/3N [x2- one each pedal] (or LR44/SR44 [x4- two each pedal], though we recommend the CR1/3N)
- Water resistance: IPX7 (up to 1 meter submersion/30 minutes)
- Maximum rider weight: 231.5 lbs /105 kg
- Pedal body features adjustable cleat release tension for each side of the pedal
- Cleat type: Keo 3-bolt
- In the box: one Right side Rally RK pedal power meter, 2mm pedal washer, documentation
- Color: Black
- Weight: 163 grams
- Note: As with all such devices, we recommend checking firmware out of the box, using the Garmin app, as well as periodic checks