Giro Montaro 2 MIPS Helmet
The Montaro MIPS II Helmet from Giro is aimed directly at all mountain riders who love to both climb and descend to the limits of their capabilities. Perfect for marathon or Enduro riding, the Montaro MIPS II features the goggle and camera integration you are looking for, along with an adjustable visor, excellent ventilation and premium safety features- including the Multiple-directional Impact System.
From the inside out, the Montaro was built for comfort and performance. The fit and retention system is the Roc-Loc 5 Air, which not only provides adjustable fit, but also allows for increased airflow between the skull and helmet. The new hydrophilic, anti-microbial pads stay dry and as cool and comfortable as possible. The Montaro was designed with goggle users in mind, with full integration, plus strap grippers. When you push the 15° adjustable POV Plus visor up, you have enough room to slide your goggles up as well. For helmet camera users, Giro supplies a breakaway mount that can save both your neck and possibly even your camera during an unfortunate impact. Release force is only 5lbs- more than enough to keep things together on rocky trail or in your gear bag, but ideal for a direct trail "intervention".
The integration of the MIPS protection system takes place under the helmet's shell. MIPS separates the fit lining and carriage of the helmet from the shell. The two are connected at four points with a stretch material. In normal use the shell is stable. But what MIPS researchers, and others, have learned about collision and impact has to do with the movement of the brain within the skull at impact. Torsional force can damage the brain as much or more than a direct impact. When cycling, certainly there can be an helmet impact. However, there are also many ways for the skull to suffer a torsional injury from a strike to the side or from a low angle. In isolating the shell from the fit system, MIPS allows the shell to move- from impact, or torsion, 10-15mm independently from the skull. This drastically reduces the impact and rebound forces that cause brain injuries. While there are no guarantees, MIPS, along with full wrap In-Mold construction and the internal nylon Roll cage has greatly improved the level of protection that a helmet can provide.
- Sleek, full featured trail helmet with MIPS protection
- Full goggle integration with strap grippers
- Full camera mount integration with breakaway design
- Full wrap In-Mold polycarbonate shell featuring EPS liner and nylon Roll Cage
- MIPS-equipped helmet to reduce rotational, sheering forces at impact
- 16 WindTunnel vents with internal channeling
- Roc-Loc 5 Air retention and fit system, lifts helmet slightly off the skull for air flow
- 15 degree POV Plus visor angle adjustment, goggles can be pushed up off eyes
- Ionic+ antimicrobial padding for extra comfort
- Colors: Matte Grey, Matte Chalk, Black/Gloss Black, Matte Portaro Grey
- Weight: 378 grams (Medium- actual)
|Head Circumference||51-55 cm / 20"-21.75"||55-59 cm / 21.75"-23.25"||59-63 cm / 23.25"-24.75"|