Source MIPS Helmet
Giro's ability to bring superior design, safety, and features to great price points is unmatched. The Source MIPS Helmet is representative of this process. Combining advanced performance and protection in a rugged, trail-ready design, the Source MIPS is a very capable helmet that offers great fit and comfort.
Featuring deep coverage with aggressive ventilation from 16 vents coupled with Giro's Wind Tunnel deep internal channeling, it helps keep you cooler and drier, by circulating air and exhausting it out the rear. The shell construction is a polycarbonate outer with EPS foam liner, and the two are integrated by In-Mold technology that helps keep the structure stronger and lighter, but at the same time allows energy to be dissipated in case of impact. Giro extends the coverage lower, especially around the rear, and protects the EPS with a full, lower Hardbody coverage that trail riders require.
Safety is also about a secure, comfortable fit, and in this case, the integration of the fantastic Roc Loc 5 retention system with the integrated MIPS® brain protection slip-plane layer. This system offers a real risk reduction of brain injuries that can occur from an angled impact. The rotational forces of the impact can cause the brain to move and slide within the skull, which can cause shearing of the tissue. The layer rotates with the impact, allowing the skull to move counter to the impact point, reducing the risk of brain injury. All helmets sold in the US must pass the CPSC impact and crash testing process to be certified, the Source included. MIPS adds a level to that required protection that is well worth a slight weight penalty.
Giro made the Source MIPS goggle-friendly, and adds the trail touch of a moto-style adjustable screw-in visor which has enough vertical angle to allow you to stage your goggles on the helmet when needed. For those who know Giro's fit system options, the RocLoc 5 offers two adjustments. First is the fore-aft placement of the helmet on the skull. This is done before use and likely never adjusted again, but is crucial for proper carriage and coverage. The rear dial adjustment is simple to use and secure, allowing you to make control tension on the fly. Finally, the lightweight and soft effect Slimline strap system features easy adjustment and a buckle that isn't obtrusive or uncomfortable with or without facial hair.Return to Top
- Well-equipped trail helmet with MIPS protection layer, excellent ventilation, deep coverage
- In-Mold polycarbonate shell and EPS liner with polycarbonate Hardbody™ lower shell
- MIPS slip layer is integrated with the fit system to reduce the amount of rotational force on the brain
- 16 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channeling for constant airflow with heat and moisture exhaust
- Adjustable moto-style screw-in visor with plenty of vertical adjustment to stage goggles
- CoolFit antimicrobial padding is removable for cleaning, helps keep skin fresher and drier
- Roc Loc 5 fit system is lightweight, easily adjusted for fore-aft set-up; with rear tension control dial
- Slimline webbing and buckle with easily adjustable
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Colors: Matte Chalk, Matte Black Fade, Matte Portaro Grey
- Weight: 340 grams (Medium)
|Head Circumference||51-55 cm / 20"-21.75"||55-59 cm / 21.75"-23.25"||59-63 cm / 23.25"-24.75"|