Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 5-Piece Group
We consider this five piece grouping as a fundamental drivetrain upgrade kit. Meaning, we've selected only the necessary items you will require to completely upgrade your drivetrain to Dura-Ace R9100. We find R9100 functions with almost any modern crankset, which serves to limit many or any issues on the initial install. Compartmentalizing the group in this manner allows you replace or install just the necessary components and give you the option to purchase the other R9100 and another time.
While many consider Shimano's Dura-Ace 9000 the pinnacle for mechanical road groups, what we see with R9100, is a natural refinement of this original perfection. The front derailleur is now side-pull, which reduces weight, improves shifting and has a simplified mechanism process. The rear derailleur has a slightly longer cage for fitment of a 30T cassette and receives the low-profile Shadow treatment. The cassette is now available in 11-30T, which allows for more climbing ability. The R9100 STI levers have both shorter stroke and decreased tension for each shift, bringing mechanical action yet another step closer to the shifting ease of electronics.
The kit includes the 5 pieces that make up your core drivetrain; ST-R9100 STI brake/shift levers (with full brake/shift cableset), FD-R9100 front derailleur (choose your option), RD-R9100 rear derailleur, CS-R9100 cassette (choose size; including 11-30T option), CN-HG901 chain.
- Fundamental drivetrain upgrade kit
- Choose cassette and front derailleur options
- All components are retailed-packaged product
- Dura-Ace shifting/brake cablesets included
- Made in Japan
- Shimano Dura-Ace ST-R9100 STI Levers
- Shimano Dura-Ace FD-R9100 Front Derailleur
- Shimano Dura-Ace RD-R9100 Rear Derailleur
- Shimano Dura-Ace CS-R9100 11 Speed Cassette
- Shimano CN-HG901 11 Speed Chain