Emporia GC3 Performance Carbon Rear Wheel
Looking for the rear option to match your front HED Emporia GC3 Performance Carbon wheel? Here it is, available in Shimano HG11 or SRAM XDR freehub body options.
HED's success with the Emporia GC3 Pro Carbon gravel wheels inspired the Minnesota-based company to develop a version with a more accessible price point from their Performance line concept. The HED Emporia GC3 Performance Carbon wheels are 1545 grams as a set, feature US handmade carbon rims, and pack plenty of durability and ride quality for the cost. You get the the same widths as the Pro version, hence the same 32-55mm tire capability. Sure, there are different hubs and spokes, and even a slightly different carbon fiber used, but a total of $1650 for a set, $750 less than the Pro, you get a more-than-competitive, gravel-ready carbon wheelset that delivers on it's line name- Performance.
The Performance line ensures quality without compromising integrity. Emporia GC3 Performance Carbon wheels are sold individually, front and rear. This is the rear wheel, an 845 gram construction that draws on HED's deep carbon experience and handmade carbon lay-up expertise to create the 405 gram Emporia GC3 Performance Carbon Disc rim, giving it great strength, resiliency and ride quality. HED's engineers achieve this with precise placement lay-up150 GSM carbon (versus 110 GSM in the Pro) and creating an ideal structure to carry high and balanced spoke tension, which should reduce the need for frequent tension and truing despite attacking harsh gravel surfaces. The 30mm profile, disc-only tubeless ready rim features 26mm internal, 31mm external rim widths; with a hooked structure that allows you to run tubeless or clincher tires.
In keeping with the goal of the wheel, HED features their Performance Disc rear hub, which is stiff and strong, with j-bend flanges. Smooth running sealed stainless steel bearings and an oversized axle keep the operation smooth, while an interchangeable 4-pawl freehub body keeps you engaged and powering along. The high flanges for the resilient and forgiving Sapim Race DB j-bend stainless steel spokes. HED uses 24 spokes, laced 2x/2x that creates a wheel that feels sure and stable, comfortable yet stout, and fast with smooth efficiency. The development and execution of the Emporia GC3 Performance Carbon Rear Wheel is what makes it such a strong performer at such a great price.Return to Top
- Durable, mid-range, handmade carbon disc brake rear gravel wheel
- Hooked tubeless bead system is reliable and works well with wide tire size range
- Result is more comfort and better cornering performance from wider, better tire/rim interface
- Rim spec: handmade 150 GSM carbon, 30mm depth, 26mm internal/31mm external widths, 405g bare, disc brake only
- Optimal tire size range: min 32 , through 55mm
- HED Performance Disc rear hub, oversized alloy axle, sealed bearings, j-bend flange, 4-pawl interchangeable freehub body system
- Spokes: 24 Sapim Race DB, j-bend, stainless steel, butted spokes laced 2x/2x
- Tape for tubeless use, tubeless valve kit provided
- Axle set-up: 12/142mm (end caps for QR sold separately)
- Disc rotor mount: Center Link spline
- HED has a 5-year warranty for the original purchaser- see HED's website for registration
- Freehub body options: Shimano HG11, SRAM XDR
- Color: Carbon w/ White logos
- Weight: 845 grams
- Handmade/built in HED's Minnesota facility