HED Emporia GC3 Pro Carbon Disc Front Wheel
HED's original gravel wheelset line-up was called the Eroica, and has been changed, along with the wheels themselves, to the Emporia; in this case the top end Emporia GC3 Pro Carbon Disc. From the ground up, HED designed and hand-built a wheel for cyclists who want to ride without limits. As a complete 1420 gram gravel wheelset, the GC3 offers superior ride quality, stability, and strength. The wheels are sold front and rear, which carry the same technical features except for the rear hub. This Emporia GC3 Pro Carbon Disc Front Wheel weights in at 650 grams, is equipped for 12/100mm thru-axle and Center Lock disc brake use.
HED applied some incredible handmade carbon lay-up expertise to create the 350 gram Emporia GC3 Pro Carbon Disc rim, giving it great strength, resiliency and ride quality. HED's engineers achieve this with precise placement 110 GSM carbon and creating an ideal structure to carry high and balanced spoke tension, which should reduce the need for frequent tension and truing despite attacking harsh gravel surfaces. The 31mm profile Emporia GC3 Pro Carbon Disc rim features 26mm internal, 31mm external rim widths; and as a tubeless ready carbon clincher wheel perfectly suited to a wide tire size range of 32-50mm.
In keeping with the premium nature of the wheel, HED features their excellent 515 Disc front hub, which is stiff and strong while staying lightweight. Smooth running sealed bearings and an oversized axle keep the operation smooth. The high flanges for the lightweight but strong Sapim Laser butted (2.0mm - 1.5mm - 2.0mm) j-bend stainless steel spokes. The Laser is an excellent spoke, allowing the high tension required but offers a long lifetime and better shock absorption thanks to the thin middle section, which limits impact to the rider and rim. HED uses 24 spokes, laced 2x/2x that creates a wheel that feels sure and stable, comfortable yet stout, and fast with smooth efficiency. The result? A ride quality that is as lively as it is capable and confidence-inspiring. A wheel that is ready to take you beyond pavement- further, faster.
- Durable, resilient, lightweight handmade carbon disc brake front gravel wheel
- Hooked tubeless bead system is reliable and works well with wide tire size range
- Result is more comfort and better cornering performance from wider, better tire/rim interface
- Rim spec: handmade 110 GSM carbon, 31mm depth, 26mm internal/31mm external widths, 350g bare, disc brake only
- Optimal tire size range: 32-55mm
- HED 515 Disc front hub, oversized alloy axle, sealed bearings, j-bend flange
- Spokes: 24 Sapim Laser, j-bend, stainless steel, butted spokes laced 2x/2x
- Tape for tubeless use, aluminum tubeless valve kit provided
- Axle set-up: 12/100mm (end caps for QR or 15mm sold separately)
- Disc rotor mount: Center Link spline
- HED has a 5-year warranty for the original purchaser- see HED's website for registration
- Color: Carbon w/gloss Black logos
- Weight: 650 grams
- Handmade/built in HED's Minnesota facility