HED Vanquish RC6 Pro Front Wheel
HED has pushed themselves back into the premium wheel world with their slippery fast Vanquish series rims and wheels. The full carbon rim designs are disc brake only and tubeless ready with a hook design that allows you to opt for clincher tires if desired. The proprietary Vanquish RC Pro rims are made by hand in Minnesota, U.S.A. and undergo an unprecedented level of quality control. The RC6 Pro rim shape itself is all-new, with an impressive 30.6mm max external width combined with a 21mm internal width. This results in superb aerodynamic performance with 23-28mm tires, with drag numbers that dip below -300g, with serious stability and a great ride quality. In fact, the RC6 tests fastest with a 28mm tire, which feels perfect for the overall 61mm depth and the 30mm width of this Vanquish RC6 Pro Front Wheel .
The Vanquish RC Pro's 110 GSM carbon fiber rim construction makes it lighter, stronger and faster than the competition. The width, shaping and tubeless construction has a hybrid spoked-carbon design, creating a stiff and efficient wheel for optimal handling and control. The rim is the crucial component of the Vanquish RC6 Pro Front Wheel, and it rolls fast and true on the HED 515 Center Lock Disc Front Hub, with it's oversized alloy axle, smooth sealed bearings, and stout flanges. The flanges are built for speed and carry 24 j-bend spokes, while the rim design allows them to run 2x/2x in high tension. This optimal with the lightly bladed stainless steel Sapim CX-Ray spokes, which are also lightweight and offer superb ride quality. With a 12/100mm thru-axle configuration, the overall hub and wheel assembly offer great stiffness and efficiency throughout.
At 735 grams bare, this mid-section aero wheel is more than competitive in that respect, and again, it tests impressively fast without compromising control in the wind, or stability while accelerating or cornering in extreme situations. You can match it with the Vanquish RC6 Pro Rear Wheel, or even opt for the 84mm deep Vanquish RC8 Pro Rear if you prefer that type of combination for a rolling triathlon or long, fast, flat and rolling road race.
- Mid-section carbon aero disc brake road front road with optimal shape & width for ultimate performance
- Handmade carbon hooked rim design developed for pure speed with 28mm tire optimal
- HED's fastest aero carbon rim design, only available in a disc brake option
- Rims made with 110 GSM fiber, with hybrid spoked carbon tubeless rim bed
- 700c rim: 61mm depth, 21mm IRW, 30.6mm ERW, 491g, 24h, Tubeless Ready, Disc only
- Hubs: HED 515 CL Disc, oversized alloy axle (12/100mm TA), sealed cartridge bearings
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, j-bend, laced 2x/2x all around; spoke lengths 252mm / 254mm
- HED does offer hub endcaps for standard quick release use, sold separately
- Hub axle: 12/100mm thru-axle
- Includes tubeless rim tape
- Finish: Carbon/Gloss graphics
- Weight: 735 grams
- Made in the USA