These special purchase Hutchinson OE tires are first quality, standard products sold without retail packaging.
The Sector Tubeless Road tire has long been a staple of the endurance road market for cyclists for whom great tubeless set-up, rolling speed, and excellent puncture protection are priorities. Aptly named after the sectors of Pave and cobbles in the famed Paris Roubaix classic, this tire is aimed to fulfill your needs on dirt, cobbles, rough pavement, chip seal and anything else you want to through at it. Interestingly enough, the Sector 28 tires were originally designed for the FDJ racing team who were sponsored by Hutchinson for use in the European spring classics. They were never actually intended to be sold on a retail level, however after witnessing significant growth in the tubeless tire market, Hutchinson decided to offer the Sector for consumption by the general public, and the popularization of Gran Fondo events, which often feature pavement, hardpack dirt and variable conditions, helped drive the success of the Sector.
The unique tread compound grips well in all conditions and has a very unique profile. The center bead is slick for fast rolling, while the corner bead has a micro, then macro dot-matrix like tread pattern for added grip when you're leaning the tire over in a turn. Bead to bead protection is ideal for lower pressures favored by tubeless riders, especially when journeying off pavement. The square carbon fiber bead profile on the Sector is Tubeless Ready, with the proper bead design for the important lock-tight fit required for reliable performance with most tubeless systems. Hutchinson is an innovator in tubeless technology and has brought significant innovation and excellence to the road tubeless market that has been embraced by the Gran Fondo crowd and those who don't mind fast-packed dirt country roads or urban excitement. The Sector 28 remains a strong selling tire with a very loyal user groupReturn to Top
- Larger volume tubeless road tire with racing pedigree, ideal for fast gravel and endurance
- Designed originally for the cobbles and rough roads of the Classics season with pro teams
- 127 tpi casing offers a supple foundation for the tire, giving it a better ride quality than most similar options
- Hutchinson folding tubeless squared bead works well with most Road Tubeless rims/systems
- Bead to bead protection belt favors lower volume tubeless ranges
- Smooth/knurled dual tread pattern built off Dual Compound rubber that endures, yet grips, rolls fast
- OE Size: 700x28
- Color: Black
- OE option is first quality tire, without retail packaging
- Weight: 300 grams