Jagwire Pro Cable and Housing Cutter
Clean cable and housing cuts are easier and more consistent with the right tools. The sharp surface and angles of the Jagwire Pro Cable and Housing cutter deliver effective cuts with ease. We have used cutters twice the price with worse results. The shaped, plastic composite grip is sure in the hand, and works well for those with smaller hands or shorter fingers. The handle itself also carries an integrated awl for centering housing ends after cutting, and also a 2 position crimper for brake and derailleur cable end caps.
Jagwire went with high quality SK5 steel for the blade extensions. SK5 is hard, holds an edge extremely well, and can be maintained if necessary. A stainless collapsing style spring delivers sure, consistent pressure and there is a simple handle lock at the end of the handles for closing and storing the cutter. You can change the opening distance of the cutter (again helpful for different hand sizes) by turning the rectangular pin stop on one blade end. Mechanics have tool preferences, especially with cutter styles, but we have found the Jagwire Pro Cable and Housing Cutter to be well received by most users, regardless of preference.
- Well made and detailed cable and housing cutter for shop or home use
- Hardened SK5 steel blades are formed to cleanly cut shift and brake housing
- Integrated awl in the base of the handle can be used to open up cut housing ends
- Ergonomic handle, adjustable reach ensure all-day comfort for various size hands
- 2-sided cable tip crimper is built into the arms
- Integrated closure hook makes storage easy, protects cutting edges
- Suitable for cutting all bicycle cable housing and steel cables to 1.6mm OD
- Color: Yellow