KMC MissingLink 11-Speed CL555R Reusable
Did you know that nearly all master or quick chain link's are intended for single use only? In other words, once you close the link and re-open it, the link no longer meets the exacting tolerances required and needs to be replaced. The mechanisms wear with each closure and are unsafe for multiple uses. KMC's 11-speed MissingLink system is no different, but the Japanese masters of chains for bike and industrial use do offer this MissingLink 11R Reusable 11-Speed Link. The designation 11-speed with CL555R indicates Reusable.
Designed for all KMC X-11 chains, in nickle-plated silver finish for standard options, or DLC coated in black for DLC versions, the 11-Speed Reusable link is also considered compatible with all Shimano, and SRAM 11-speed chains, giving you a reusable option that is safe and applicable to multiple drivetrain set-ups. This means if you are planning to carry an 11-speed chain link in your saddle bag, this is the best option overall.
- Reusable link for Shimano, SRAM and KMC 11-speed chains
- Steel link that is durable and machined for multiple uses
- Nickel plated against corrosion and wear
- DLC coated version for DLC chains, in Black (priced higher)
- Requires use of a link opening tool and a chain plier for use
- KMC# CL555R
- Finish: Silver (standard X-11), Black DLC (DLC coated chains)