NV Base 2.0 2-Bike Rack
Kuat's NV series racks have shot to the top of the "most drooled over receiver racks" list. The NV 2.0 Base has almost all of the bells and whistles of the top rated NV 2.0, with the biggest change the elimination of the integrated workstand. The NV 2.0 series was updated for late 2016 and carried forward with the NV 2.0 Base Bike Rack.
One aspect of the redesign was driven by the reality that tires have gotten wider. Yes fat bikes have become common, and now there are more 3"+ oversized tire options for your 27.5 and 29" models. The new cradles and arm hooks will securely accommodate up to 4.8" tires with ease, without feeling sloppy on lower volume models. The new front cradle design is adjustable, and easy to manage, creating a more customize fit based on your wheel and bike size. The updated ratchet arms result in a more stable control, and the release button feels more intuitive, with easier action. From direct customer feedback, Kuat made the individual bike security cables longer, with increased durability and ease of use. Try to imagine moving from the solid and reliable Toyota Camry to a top end Lexus. Everything feels more refined and intuitive, solid.
Those principles extend to the new pivot system. The original worked well, but did wear a bit over time. The new version has better leverage, with a foot assist feature to make life easier, and is much more durable. The action is smooth and the locking points sure. Kuat nails this crucial feature, which allows you excellent access to the trunk or hatch even when the NV 2.0 Base is fully loaded.
While advancements and strong competition has graced the market with several excellent hitch-style platform racks, the NV 2.0 Base lives up to the NV standard. It will surely drive other companies to step up yet again, and that is great for consumers. Please be aware that the redesign also includes a new 2-Bike Add-on for the NV 2.0 Base. The older model will not work. The vehicle fit specifications and overall size are otherwise unchanged. You get the hand adjustment system for taking the wobble out of the hitch interface, as well as the locking hitch pin and the security cables for each bike. The powder coated aluminum has a uniform Satin Black finish, with water transferred logos, and the Weighing in at 52lbs, the NV 2.0 Base is few pounds heavier than the first generation, but the added refinement and long-term durability is well worth it. If you are in the market for a 2-bike hitch rack with 2-bike add-on capability, the Kuat NV 2.0 Base Bike Rack is an Excel Sports staff favorite.Return to Top
- Upgraded and refined, rear 2" receiver hitch mount bike rack
- Stout aluminum construction keeps weight manageable, won't rust
- Great for all bikes: road, cross, fat, plus, freeride, DH, and many children's bikes
- As shipped, fits 20"-29" wheeled bikes with up to 4.8" tires
- 13" of room between bikes means zero bike-to-bike interaction
- Carries 2 bikes (Up to 60 lbs. each)
- Total carrying capacity of up to 120 lbs in 2-bike mode
- Pivot up when empty to reduce length off rear of vehicle, also handy when in storage
- New, more durable and updated pivot design with foot assist; lighter, smoother action
- Even with bikes loaded, you get easy access to trunk or hatch
- Updated, longer integrated cable lock system, more secure and durable
- Hitch pin lock for maximum security (included)
- Front cradles now easily adjustable to customize fit
- Hand-tight cam hitch adjustment system - no need for additional tools
- Powder coat finish is durable to weather and chemicals
- Increase bike capacity to up to four bikes with available NV Base 2.0 Add On (sold separately, 2" model only)
- Color: Satin Black
- Rack weight: 52 lbs