Kuat Transfer V2 2-Bike Rack
Kuat produces some of the more innovative hitch racks on the market, and the Transfer v2 might actually trump them all. It isn't the burliest or most impressive looking, but this U-shaped paragon of simplicity will safely and securely hold two bikes, ranging from 18" wheel versions through high volume 29er set-ups and fat bikes with 5" tires. The system allows you to change the angle of the curved wheel carriers to adjust for bar/saddle height issues, and really should become the standard for racks of this style. With this feature and many more, Kuat has still managed to deliver a superlative rack under $300.
The Transfer v2 2" / 2- bike is more solid than ever. From the steel construction of the original to a new FLATLOCK hitch cam for enhanced stability in tow. Plus, a semi-integrated cable lock for an upgrade in security. The best part? The new Transfer v2 has the modular configurations available so you get a multi-rider rack at an everyone-friendly price.Stout steel tubing and excellent welding provides the strength of the Transfer. A powder-coated finish will hold-up well over years of regular use, and the molded high-density resin plastic trays and fittings are designed to protect your equipment with tremendous strength and durability. Each bike carrier is designed to hold up a 40lb complete bike. With the rack weighing just 35lbs, the Transfer 2 Bike can be easily managed by one person with for 2" receiver hitch mounts. A simple, but effective foot pedal makes lowering the rack from the stowed-away upright position to the bike-carrying position very easy. The pedal is also the release to lower the loaded rack down at a 45 degree angle for easy access to the trunk or lift gate on your SUV or hatchback. Odds are you won't be using your foot for this use, but the release works easily by hand as well. Always remember to raise the rack back up to parallel with the ground before driving away. This feature is actually a huge benefit for hatch or lift-gate style vehicles.
Hitch racks with full trays, or modified wheel trays like the Transfer are stable, hold bikes safely, without sway or drift. The height is easy to manage and the rack folds up along the back of the vehicle when not in use. These racks are great for mountain bikes or any bike with an axle system that makes removing a wheel or fork mounting challenging. This model is the Kuat T222B, which means you can add a single 1-bike add-on kit if desired. The addition of the FLATLOCK cam system improves the full function and stability of this excellent receiver hitch rack from Kuat.
- 2nd gen 2" receiver hitch-style 2-bike rack, with updated tray-type wheel holders, stability
- Kuat's most cost effective receiver rack model
- Steel construction, powder-coated for excellent durability
- Spring loaded foot pedal at pivot for easy raise/lower movement
- Fully-loaded rack can be angled down 45 degrees for hatch/lift gate access
- No bike sway, protects bikes from interaction
- Proprietary FLATLOCK cam system in mounting beam for enhanced stability
- Updated bike carrier adjustment system ensures your bikes with 18-29" wheels will fit
- More robust hitch design for enhanced stability in tow
- This dedicated 2” hitch / 2 bike configuration can be directly mounted on campers, recreational vehicles, or trailers with Chassis-mounted receivers ONLY
- Includes semi-integrated bicycle cable lock
- Automotive-grade 750 hour salt spray hardware
- Max Wheelbase: 50”
- Holds up to a 5” tire (better hook clearance for loading fat bikes than 1st gen)
- Max bike weight per carrier: 60lbs
- 1-bike add on kit is available for this T222B
- T222B only fits 2” receivers (T202B made for 1 1/4, but can't be added to)
- Rack weight: 44lbs