Lazer Sphere MIPS Helmet
If you are looking for a MIPS-equipped helmet with a Virginia Tech 5-Star rating, great ventilation and great fit characteristics at a reasonable price, you have to consider the Lazer Sphere MIPS. The helmet is sleeker and has a design that visually is less "Lazer" than some. Style and looks are as personal as fit, so we get it. Speaking to fit, the Sphere MIPS carries the famed ARS top dial system which frees up space at the rear of the helmet, and is a little easier to access while riding. Roll the dial one way or the other for a micro-adjust fit tension. You can also adjust the vertical orientation of the shell by using the Adjustable Head Basket. Helmets that lack this ability either fit or they don't. Lazer gives you more to work with. A smartly designed strap set-up is effective and secure once set-up for your needs.
Construction wise, the Sphere MIPS uses the industry standard molded EPS foam and in molds it with a polycarbonate shell. The vent structure of the helmet feels more open, with 18 shaped vents that do effectively bring more air in to keep you cooler and drier. Impact ratings meets EU and US standards, but it is MIPS that pushes the Sphere to a safer helmet option overall. The Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) helps reduce the risk of rotational brain injury by isolating your head from the rotation of the helmet shell in the event of an impact. it is very effective and addresses the primary challenges the brain experiences in an impact situation. On the Sphere MIPS, the slip layer is exposed and integrated with the fit system.
Lazer adds docking area makes eyewear storage easy and the Sphere design is compatible with Lazer's Aeroshell which allows your helmet to double as an aero road design for events, but is also effective in colder, wet weather in keeping out the elements, when direct airflow ventilation is required.
- Sleek, clean looking road-style helmet with great ventilation, fit, and MIPS protection
- Designed for road use, but great for all-road and commuting
- In-Mold polycarbonate shell with bottomshell edges, bonds to EPS liner
- 18 contoured vents for very effective, quiet overall airflow and exhaust
- Advanced Rollsys System top-mount fit system for simple and easy adjustment
- Adjustable Head Basket allows you adjust the vertical lay of the helmet, nylon ratchet system can be pushed high and out of the way
- Rear of retention system is more ponytail friendly with the roll dial in the top of the shell
- Lazer Aeroshell compatible- allows you to upgrade for increased aerodynamic protection, or for protection from the elements.
- Fit is standard, but a little more round; adjustment system offer more shape and size flexibility
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Colors: Matte Black, White, Red
- Weight: 305 grams (actual- Medium)
|Head Circumference||52-56 cm / 20"-22"||55-59 cm / 21.5"-23.5"||58-61 cm / 22.5"-24"|