Time ATAC XC 8 Carbon Pedals
Due to the price and performace of the ATAC XC 8, this is our best seller in Time's mountain range. This Auto Tension Adjust Concept ( ATAC for short) pedal features a design based on the Time road pedal line-up. These means both ease of entry/exit and pure bio-mechanics all work their way into the design. What is new from previous designs is the revised pedal body shape for better foot support and steel wear plates in the contact zones for enhanced durability.
The XC 8 Carbon is the next to top of the line and was designed to give you a lightweight pedal in an everyday/all day use package. What you get is a pedal system that features a cromoly axles and a carbon pedals body with a respectable weight of 286 grams for the pair. Not only is this a great pedal system for mountain biking, but it is also favorite of bike touring, adventure riding, and commuting.
All Time ATAC pedals are known for their super easy clip in (even in the muddiest conditions) thanks to Time's proven dual-arch retention system. A favorite feature of the ATAC pedals is the release which is perhaps the best in the pedal business. The release is intuitive and offers a second nature-like release so you can easily get your foot out in any situation. Release angle can also be optimized to 13° or 17° by swapping the left/right position of the cleats.
- Best selling sport/enthusiast MTB pedal system, great for touring/commuting
- Integrated bio-mechanic positioning and action
- Large molded, hardened carbon platform is stiff, durable
- Hollow-steel axle is strong, reliable; carries steel bearings
- Best release in the business, superb mud shedding capabilities
- +/- 5 degrees of angular float
- Release angle can be set to 13° or 17° in cleat installation
- 2-bolt style ATAC brass cleats, mounting hardware included
- 3-position spring tension system
- Color: Black/Red
- Weight: 286 grams
- Made in France