Fizik Antares Manganese Rail OE Saddle
Get a great buy on a OE Antares saddle with this Manganese rail version, which weighs only 10 grams more than the R3 Kium rail model. The Fizik Antares saddle is a favorite of cyclist who prefer a flatter saddle with a narrow, minimal nose and a median rear platform. With a 142mm width, this is not a minimalist saddle for for those with narrow sitbones, but those who require a little more width and support. With an aggressive taper to the narrow throat and nose, the Antares allows for a clean, straight line to the pedals for minimal friction from the saddle itself. It is truly a unique model within the Fizik line-up, and often fits those who find the Arione too narrow and soft, preferring a firmer platform with dense, thin padding.
The shell is Fizik's latest version of the composite reinforced Rilsan, a polymide material that is resilient, with minimal change in properties over time. The slightly curved-edge profiles ease into the side panels that offer light flex under the thighs for comfort without sacrificing bone structure support. The Manganese rails offer some flex and impact/vibration damping, but make no mistake, this is a firm saddle. The cover is Fizik's Microtex, which has proven comfortable and durable in all conditions. At just 195 grams, and ICS accessory compatible, the Antares R3 Kium is a durable, every day saddle with a race pedigree.
- Firm, flat saddle with median 142mm tail width, narrow nose and throat
- OE version of the Antares, with Manganese rails
- Shell is made with carbon reinforced Rilsan, a polymide co-plastic
- Microtex synthetic cover is durable, water proof, and easy to clean
- 7mm round Manganese rails
- Dimensions: 275mm length, 142mm wide
- Fizik rider fit designation: Made for Chameleon
- ICS accessory compatible
- Colors: Black
- Weight: 206 grams