Maxxis Ardent Race 3C EXO TR Tubeless Tire
If you love the tread shape and style of the trail standard Maxxis Ardent EXO TR tire, yet, still want control and grip, yet faster rolling speed for XC race type conditions, you now have the Maxxis Ardent Race EXO TR Tubeless Tire, which reduces the knob profile to a medium height for greater speed, but keeps the larger volume Ardent riders have come to love and trust. Of course all EXO series tires offer serious sidewall protection, yet still remains supple. The carbon bead and true Tubeless Ready classification allow you run seriously low pressures if you desire. A major advantage of a large volume tire is the ability to maximize it's footprint by running various pressures. Whether you choose the Ardent Race as a front or rear only option in combination with another model, or run it front and rear, your XC race tire now rockets along but performs like a trail tire when needed.
Remember, speed is crucial in corners, flowy terrain, and straightaways. If you can't trust your tire to hold, and carry, speed through corners, you don't have a chance at the podium, or being first back to the trailhead. The Ardent Race still has the block-style side knobs deliver numerous edges to hold and grip in corners, while the ramped knobs of the center tread pattern minimize rolling resistance while delivering excellent braking and acceleration traction.
Maxxis is using their 3C MaxxSpeed rubber for the Ardent Race, making the center firmer than a standard Ardent and helping keep the weight at 745 grams in the 29x2.35", which is 55 grams less than the 2.25" standard version. This is a tire that excels in a wide variety of trail conditions: loose terrain, loose over hardpack, medium semi-soft dirt, or wet. While not a true mud tire, the Ardent won't pack up on you while the side knobs get you out of trouble. The Ardent Race EXO Tubeless Ready tire is ready to roll, fast and sure, on a pure race hardtail or short travel FS rig like the Niner RKT9 RDO.
- Medium tread height Ardent tread design with lower weight, greater speed as an XC race-level option for more variable race conditions
- Maxxis 120tpis EXO sidewall protection protects against puncture, abrasion
- Tubeless Ready for all tubeless ready rims, sealant recommended
- 3C MaxxSpeed rubber, fast rolling tire with strong cornering characteristics
- Rounded profile with ramped center tread blocks for reduced rolling resistance
- By dropping pressure, you increase the footprint for more versatile usage
- Max psi: 60
- Color: Black
- Weight: 745 grams (29x2.35")